Footy Classified

Great idea, I agree with this approach.

With the way FTA TV is losing audience in general they need to offer more regular and consumable on-the-go content like this. Plus it’s relatively cheap to produce and can also be easily extended to their social media platforms.

Spreading across 2 days to review the last AFL round and also cover the Monday MRP and Tuesday tribunal makes sense.

I thought that Monday and Thursday would be better. Monday to discuss the previous round and Thursday to cover the upcoming rounds (and pretty much replace the Footy Show).

2 Likes

I think the Tuesday episode can also be used to cover the upcoming round, especially since there will be nine Thursday night matches next year. The panellists will also have the AFL tribunal results fresh in their minds.

1 Like

Monday and Tuesday seems excessive. Either a Wednesday or Thursday would be better in my opinion.

1 Like
1 Like

Ross Lyon is a great addition!

2 Likes

And I think a program like this suits Eddie now more than what The Footy Show did

I wonder how this affects Eddie’s role on Fox Footy. Special consideration to his Fox Footy contract was made so he could co-host The Footy Show in 2018.

Footy Classified to air on Mondays (alongside 100% Footy in NRL states), as it did in 2019?
Will the Wednesday edition be talking about the games ahead? Or be more an entertainment type show to cover that void The Footy Show?

Guess Nine and Fox could come to a similar arrangement for Footy Classified (ie; Fox allows Eddie to host Footy Classified in exchange for Fox Footy plugs when FC discusses upcoming games)

1 Like

AFL States:

Mon 16 Mar

09:00 pm FOOTY CLASSIFIED

The biggest names and agenda-setters lock horns on Footy Classified. Join Craig Hutchison, Matthew Lloyd, Caroline Wilson and Kane Cornes as they bring you footy’s most confrontational program and fiery interviews with the games.

Wed 18 Mar

10:00 PM FOOTY CLASSIFIED

The biggest names and agenda-setters lock horns on Footy Classified. Join Eddie McGuire, Matthew Lloyd, Caroline Wilson and Ross Lyon as they bring you footy’s most confrontational program and fiery interviews with the games.

NRL States

Mon 16 Mar and Wed 18 Mar
01:30 AM (next Morning)

I see Footy Classified isn’t content anymore with interviewing players and coaches!

Caroline Wilson and Eddie McGuire. Now that is worth watching just for the drama between those two.

7 Likes

Can it not be so late

I want to watch it but it is just on way to late

Agree. Even just put it on 9now from 9:30 and 10:30 on 9.

Eddie McGuire and Ross Lyons Join Footy Classified

Collingwood president and AFL commentator Eddie McGuire will host the brand-new Wednesday edition of Footy Classified as the AFL heads into a unique time in its history.

Joining him will be former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Ross Lyon, who will bring his unique views and perspective as he divulges what the current coaches are thinking ahead of an unprecedented start to the season.

Caroline Wilson will go head-to-head with her sparring partner Eddie, with Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd rounding out the panel.

Hear from the key decision makers, players and clubs on judgement day for season 2020

With updates rolling by the hour, the team will unpack what the future of the game will look like and what this will mean for fans around the country.

Along with the most up-to-date footy news and analysis, new segments will include Ross Lyon’s You’re Quite Brilliant and Eddie’s Ed-itorial.

Eddie becoming Eddie Everywhere again. Last night he was on Nine News Melbourne interviewed by Tony Jones, then an hour later they crossed to him on AFL 360 on Fox Footy.
Then later on he was back on Nine hosting Footy Classified.

1 Like

They sent that presser out a little late.

Tonight’s forum puts footy under the microscope

Monday

Tonight on Footy Classified, the burning questions around the AFL get the attention of a high-powered footy forum at 10.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

Craig Hutchison and Caroline Wilson will conduct the forum, joined by special guests including Richmond general manager Neil Balme, Geelong Cats premiership coach Chris Scott and Melbourne Football Club veteran Nathan Jones.

As they delve into the road map for the rest of the year, seeing how clubs will manage players through the limbo of COVID-19 and the likelihood of relocating either regionally or interstate to restart the season, they will be joined by Martin Pakula, the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events. Mr Pakula will discuss the outlook for Victoria holding AFL matches as the year progresses and potential venue clashes with cricket and other sports.

Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes will also be on the show to look at this week’s headline AFL news, and the fan favourite Caro’s Arrow segment will hit the mark again.

Then on Wednesday Footy Classified, Eddie McGuire, Caroline Wilson, Matthew Lloyd and Ross Lyon the panel will divulge all the pressing AFL issues and what they can expect come May 11.

Wednesday

Wednesday night’s program will also feature Ross the Boss, the segment where Ross Lyon gives an insight from a coach’s perspective, and Caroline Wilson’s Final Five, where she fires five tough questions at the panel.

1 Like