Footy Classified

Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell filling in for Kane Cornes tonight who’s at the SA Hall of Fame event.

I assume that’s Kane done for the season because he’ll be on his run from Adelaide to Melbourne for the next two Mondays.

1 Like

Kane was actually inducted into SA Football Hall of Fame tonight (which is held on the same bill as SANFL Magarey Medal count) alongside former Fremantle captain Matthew Pavlich, and AFL umpire Darren Wilson.

2 Likes

According to Herald Sun’s Scott Gullan, Caroline Wilson will no longer be part of Footy Classified’s Wednesday edition when the show returns in 2023, but will still appear on Mondays.

That’s a shame, I think Caro’s contributions are the main reason a lot of people watch the show.

The article also speculates that Hutchy may step down due to increased workload running SEN (and I believe he spends a lot of time in Sydney and hosting Footy Classified would act as a barrier to his travel for work).

If Hutchy was to leave as well, then in an ideal world I’d move Eddie to Mondays if he stays (because wouldn’t Eddie, Caro and Kane head to head make great television), and bring in Sam McClure to host Wednesdays.

2 Likes

Agree.

Reminder, the show is out of the schedule for tonight.

2 Likes

Yep, and I think she plays off with Eddie so well - as I’ve said before as part of my dislike of Hutch as host - while I often don’t agree with him, Eddie always strikes me as a footy fan - so when Caro and Eddie debate, I always feel there’s so much more substance.

Sam and Kane going at it is kinda close at times, where the passionate disagreements come in - but I feel that it lacks the experience that Caro/Eddie bring.

3 Likes

Pretty disappointing given there is two weeks left of the season. Surely they could have aired the show on 9Gem if they wanted news coverage for the main channel.

2 Likes

Special edition tonight at 8:40 PM in Melbourne.

1 Like

Good to have Eddie back tonight for the last show of the year, however I see lots of people on social media are unhappy that Eddie’s hosting because of Collingwood’s own issues with racism and mistreatment.

When was the finale show of the year meant to air?

It was always tonight, just brought forward to 8.40pm, originally meant to be 9.40pm.

2 Likes

Caro was presented with flowers at the end of tonight’s show. Confirmed she is leaving the Wednesday edition but will still be on Mondays.

5 Likes

Ahhh. Ok.

This season could have gone on for a 2-3 more weeks, to cover the post-season trade rumours, the decision on the new Tasmanian AFL team, and the developing issue of Hawthorn allegedly mistreating its Indigenous players.

3 Likes

And AFLW

3 Likes

Yeah I thought the same. It’s a bit hard to hear his thoughts knowing his own track record. They should have replaced him as host for tonight

1 Like

Eddie is receiving a lot of heat today from Russel Jackson that he was trying to smear his reputation. Eddie really should have stayed away from this story. It was never going to end well.

1 Like

Ross Lyon is leaving the show after he was today appointed St Kilda coach for the second time. It will be interesting to see if he will be replaced.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Grant Thomas return to the show.