Footy Classified

Ross Lyon is leaving the show after he was today appointed St Kilda coach for the second time. It will be interesting to see if he will be replaced.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Grant Thomas return to the show.

Well Brent Ratten doesn’t have a job at the moment so…

3 Likes

I personally think they should poach Eddie Betts from Foxtel.

Not gonna happen sadly. Too many friends. (plus they need their indigenous correspondent)

With both Caro and Ross needing replacing on the Wednesday edition, I assume that means they’ll be looking for one journalist, and one former footballer.

If it was me, I’d be looking at poaching either Mitch Cleary or Tom Browne from Seven, and either having Kane on a second night, or signing Joel Selwood up. I’d leave Sam and Damo as fill-in hosts.

Why does everyone want to poach people from other networks all the time?

I’m also not sure any of these reporters would want to leave their food jobs just for Footy Classified.

2 Likes

Mitch and Tom are both very good news-breakers, probably better than anyone at Nine. They could also contribute to Nine News, write stories for The Age, continue radio commitments etc.

Jimmy Bartel likely to replace Ross Lyon on the Wednesday edition of Footy Classified.

1 Like

That will mean Jimmy will have to quit Seven to join the show, although he is seldomly used on Seven’s AFL coverage anyway.

1 Like

According to the Sunday Herald Sun, the following is tipped to be the new Footy Classified panel in 2023.

Monday
Craig Hutchison
Matthew Lloyd
Caroline Wilson
Kane Cornes

Wednesday
Eddie McGuire
Matthew Lloyd
Damian Barrett
Jimmy Bartel

1 Like

I thought they were going to three per night not four? Good panels nonetheless.

Can’t wait for the SJWs to cry at the lack of diversity with only white males on the panel…

1 Like

Sam McClure confirmed the line-up on his 3AW Wide World of Sports show on Friday.

2 Likes

Returns Monday 13 March 10pm (AFL markets) and 11:50pm NRL markets on 9Gem.

The biggest names and agenda-setters lock horns on Footy Classified. Join Craig Hutchison, Matthew Lloyd, Caroline Wilson and Kane Cornes as they bring you footy’s most confrontational program.

and Wednesday 10:00 pm (AFL markets) and 11:50pm NRL markets on 9Gem.

The biggest names and agenda-setters lock horns on Footy Classified. Join Eddie McGuire, Matthew Lloyd, Jimmy Bartel and Damian Barrett as they bring you footy’s most confrontational program.

2 Likes

Update: Footy Classified will, similar to previous years, air at 10:30 pm, 30 minutes later than Melbourne in Adelaide and Perth with Nine News Later taking precedence in the schedule.

1 Like

4 Likes

Jimmy and Damo starting tonight.

2 Likes

Already miss Caro tonight.

3 Likes