Football⚽️

Melbourne Victory has really reached rock bottom. They lost 0-6 to Melbourne City in the previous derby and last night they were thrashed 0-7 by the same opponent. It’s the first time Victory conceded seven goals in an A-League match. Jamie Maclaren scored five goals for City.
Victory coach Grant Brebner was sacked afterwards.

2 Likes

Hah hah hah hah hah. At least we have a reason for sucking - they don’t!

Melbourne Victory today appointed Tony Popovic as their new head coach for the next three seasons, commencing this July.

1 Like

Newcastle Jets fans at the moment:

A League franchises are now marketing to potential new sponsors about the leagues new broadcast deal with Nine and Stan. It’s now all but confirmed

Is that confirmed (i.e. RA style deal.)?

A record low crowd last night, with 990 people attending Western United’s “Home Match” at Melbourne’s AAMI Park (against Newcastle Jets). Yikes!

2 Likes

That’ll do it.

2 Likes

And they want to move the league back to winter. They’ll get more of these sorts of crowds. If they’re more worried about aligning with the NPL, move the NPL.

We’ll fuck up promotion and relegation. NSL 2.0 is coming soon. Along with fights like this.

2 Likes

And the shit show continues. :cry:

3 Likes

How many games have been postponed, but are yet to be rescheduled?

Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory is yet to rescheduled I believe.

1 Like

The SMH is reporting otherwise and that negotiations are continuing with Nine/Stan, ViacomCBS/10/Paramount+), and Foxtel/Fox Sports/Kayo. A decision could be made this week.

Also

The SMH is also reporting that Stan is talking to UEFA about the Champions League rights after the collapse of the Sports Flick deal.

2 Likes

No interest from Optus?

1 Like

Hope ten get it

1 Like

I know that streaming sites are the way things are going these days, but i hope that the A-League don’t shift all their games there. I hope the Ten pick up some of the games. Although the ratings for ABC’s 5pm games aren’t the best at the moment, but neither are those on Fox Sports. With Ten on board, at least they can advertise it more than what the ABC does.

2 Likes

ABC?

lol, yes.

(thanks, and corrected) :slight_smile:

Nobody Screws Soccer Like Seven. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes