Five Bedrooms

I also love the small details, such as Ben’s ‘tradie tan line’ (white shoulders and torso, tanned from where the t-shirt ends on the arm).

I think 10 need to lock this in for two more seasons to secure the actors, crew and writers. This will sell well overseas.

2 Likes

Tonight’s episode is bloody fantastic. As many have said, casting is spot on and so is the writing.

4 Likes

Best episode so far.

Also, so great how the series has been constructed and how the storylines and characters interact.

5 Likes

I don’t know why they make such short seasons for these dramas. I understand they want to test them out before ordering more episodes or longer seasons but it feels like we have so many Aussie drama’s pop up for short stints and then not return. It could be why viewers aren’t giving a lot of them a chance.

I haven’t had a chance to watch this show yet but all I hear s good things about it from everyone that watches it. A friend on the weekend was telling me how good it is and that I need to get onto it. So I definitely do plan on catching up with it at some point so in that sense the shorter season is good for me.

These days Australian dramas are made in short seasons to help selling them to overseas broadcasters.

We’re following the British and European model of quality over quantity. A lot of the American series which go for quantity often run out of quality material after a couple of seasons.

I still think 12-15 episodes would be a happy medium without being too long or too short.

I wondered the same thing. Obviously Jbar and Johnson are right it’s to help them sel overseas and make quality better. However, here in Australia the longer series are definitely more popular.

Sadly, long gone are the days when Australian Networks would air Long-term-dramas (like Blue Heelers, All Saints, Packed to the Rafters and then Winners & Losers).

Am surprised that Five Bedrooms is only 8 episodes long. Don’t “recent dramas” usually air for 13 weeks? Like Offspring, the Underbelly series, etc?

Anyway… am really enjoying Five Bedrooms. I initially wasn’t going to watch it. but I got hooked from the first episode.

1 Like

Only the first four seasons of Underbelly were 13 episodes. They shrunk to 8 episodes from 2012.

Offspring also shrunk to 10 episodes for the last two seasons.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I just hope that this show don’t lose episodes down the track too.

Few series exceed 10 episodes these days. Wentworth has shrunk to 10 for its last two seasons. Doctor Doctor is 10. My Life is Murder & Between Two Worlds will both be 10 episodes.

I think 10 episodes is the perfect length for a series these days.

3 Likes

Behind the scenes

2 Likes
1 Like

Hopefully it’s back! Would love for 10 to announce a renewal any minute now…

3 Likes

The show finished not that long ago now.

What a great show. Awesome casting. Just waiting for Ten to announce its second season… (pretty please…)

1 Like

Suggestive official tweet

1 Like

Interesting tweet from writer Michael Lucas

Katie showed off her bump at the Logies red carpet on Sunday.

2 Likes