Five Bedrooms

Looks good.

It does look good. I just wonder if it is that good if they have rushed it to air.

Quite a few stereotypes there. Your bogan Westie, your Young Liberal private schoolboy, your lefty middle aged female, & just for a bit of diversity, your non-White gay guy, etc.

Having those different types is likely to see them clash and create drama in the household. Don’t you think that’s a good idea?

Don’t put words in my mouth :lips::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. It may be very successful. Just pointing out the tired cliches.

I guess they have establish the characters somehow. Having different types should appeal to a wider audience. If they were all the same, people would say they were bland and boring.

I think it’s good Ten are launching this sooner than later. They need the content, it has it’s best chance of doing well off the back of Masterchef and I don’t need months of endless promo’s for a show to get me interested. Often if a show is promoted too far in advanced without a date by the time it comes around you stop taking notice of the promos and don’t even realise it’s on.

The promos look good too and it looks a lot better than the initial concept I read. I probably have a bit more interest as it was filmed in my area but I’m def going to give it a go.

1 Like

I don’t mind them airing it off the back of Masterchef but I don’t think 2 weeks of promos is enough. Off the back of Masterchef looks to only give it a 700k lead in so that isn’t going to really help it much. It will be fine if they can give it some external promotion but I just feel 10 have either stopped caring this year or run out of money.

Maybe even they could get a big interview on The Project and have Five Bedrooms promoted at the bottom of the screen for it. They really need to think of something.

1 Like

I agree that they need to be promoting this weeks ago. They should have run promos during DWTS and BiP, which would have appealed to those audiences. Instead we got Masterchef in every commercial break and not much else being promoted.

2 Likes

Bloody good promo, will check out the show for sure.

Edit to my above comment - its also worth nothing that the same show was filming in the same location last year at around the same time, although that time the flyer said it was an ‘online’ video series.

This show was filmed near where I live. The hotel some scenes were shot at is just down the road from me, and they were filmed on Tuesday 26th Feb (I still have a digital copy of the flyer that was dropped in our letter box to inform us of the distruption). Living in this area for a while, I can certainly recognise a lot of the exterior shots from other locations around here

Very quick turn around time from the looks of it

2 Likes

That’s not so unusual. Offspring. Playing for Keeps and Neighbours did/do the same.

Are you in Mavlern? That’s where they were filming a couple of months ago and looks like the area in the street/suburbia type scenes in the promo. I go to the F45 on High street near Tooronga road and they had got a letter back then saying that the surrounding streets could have limited parking spots for a few weeks whilst they were filming this show.

No, inner West (Essendon/Moonee Ponds region)

They must be filming all over the place then. I also saw the flyer they left for people in the Malvern area about restricted street access for filming over a few weeks.

High Sherridan only wrapped filming this a couple of weeks ago and flew back to LA.
So a very quick turnaround.
I’m looking forward to it. It’s more Aussie content that isn’t reality, so I’ll always support it. Which as I always bang on about, we need more of.

4 Likes

### Catch an exclusive preview of Five Bedrooms Episode 1 from 12pm Wednesday on 10 play

1 Like