Five Bedrooms

It was still very average & got renewed with mediocre ratings- albeit strong in demos.

They are filming this show right near me in Malvern (in some of the residential streets near High street / Tooronga road). There are a lot of closed off streets and parking restrictions which are a bit annoying. I’ve also seen a letter issued to my F45 in the area to be aware of the filming that is going on this week which means less street parking spots.

3 Likes

Part of

2 Likes

Starts Wednesday May 15.

Seriously?

It’ll fail.

Very small promotion time.

You really can’t defend 10 anymore. It’s decisions like this that causes them to have terrible ratings.

4 Likes

The premise doesn’t sound very interesting, either. However, I’m sure @BJT2 already has it marked in his diary.

Yeah I agree. I thought they were trying to work on the way they promote shows but it just seems to have gotten worse. They have less than 3 weeks to let people know about this.

One positive is they are finally using the Masterchef lead out for Australian dramas.

1 Like

Nah, I’ll probably 10 play it.

Premieres Wednesday 15 May At 8.30pm

It all starts at a wedding. A big, bright, over-catered wedding. The giddy, terrified newlyweds are posing for their 7000th photo of the night. Sozzled guests are losing sight of their children, losing track of their alcohol consumption and embarrassingly attempting to Vogue.

But we’re not with them. No. We’re on the singles’ table. You know the one. It’s near the back of the room, next to the speakers. It’s a refuge of misfits and lonely hearts. Different ages. Diverse professions. One common, inescapable, unchanging relationship status.

And on this night, on the back of several bottles of champagne, our singles jokingly arrive at a solution – if not to their love lives, then at least to their real estate angst and their inability to get a foot on the property ladder: they could pitch in and buy a house together. Like, a really big house. A house beyond the reach of any of their married friends. It’s a crazy idea. Plus they’re drunk. And they will most likely just forget about it in the morning.

But then our singles wake, desperately hung over, many of them facing another painful day of house hunting and bills and work and reality. A reality which is, if we’re being totally honest, lonely. And suddenly this out-of-left-field real estate option is strangely compelling.

It’s ridiculous, isn’t it? A recipe for disaster, surely? You can’t co-invest, much less co-habit with people you barely know…

Unless it was just for six months. Unless there were strict parameters, you know, things like no sleeping together, no surprises. With such clear ground rules, how bad could it be? There’s just one glaring problem: they’ll have to actually live with each other.

Five Bedrooms stars a superb ensemble cast including Kat Stewart, Stephen Peacocke, Doris Younane, Katie Robertson, Roy Joseph, Kate Jenkinson and Hugh Sheridan.

Five Bedrooms is a Hoodlum Entertainment production for Network 10. Major production investment from Screen Australia. Financed with support from Film Victoria.

I think 10 will bombard viewers with promos starting from today.
Good timeslot though.

But no one watches 10 to see the promos. That’s the problem.

1 Like

It’s following MasterChef which should deliver it a decent audience and no doubt will be heavily promoted during the launch episode and throughout the evening, plus now that the non-ratings period is nearly over I’m sure 10 will ramp up their out of home media advertising again.

MasterChef isn’t guaranteed to rate well though. But, point taken.

How do you know Masterchef will rate well? It hasn’t been promoted outside 10 promos either. And even if it does do decent figures it might only been 700-800k max. So it’s not going to be great lead in for it. We really need to be doing much more outside promotion. Something they knew they needed more of and said they would work on yet we haven’t had it since Dancing With The Stars begun.

There are Masterchef Promos all over here in Melbourne at train stations and on trams and billboards.

I am in Melbourne and I swear I haven’t seen one. Last year I saw them everywhere. When Dancing was on it was in your face, same with Celebrity. But since then 10 has really stopped.

At Southern Cross station there are promos everywhere for Masterchef.

1 Like

I was there yesterday and I didn’t see a single one. perahaps I am not looking hard enough or perhaps they aren’t as prolific as they previously were. Either way it has to be a bit concerning.

They are at the top of the stairs when heading towards Marvel stadium as well as all over the bridge leading to Marvel Stadium.

11h

Stop and smell the herbs. MasterChef Australia is back!

To celebrate the launch of the 11th season of MasterChef Australia, Network 10 has launched two activations taking the MasterChef experience to the streets.

A MasterChef coil-shaped herb garden is on display today at Southern Cross train station in Melbourne where commuters can also take home packets of herbs such as basil, chives, parsley and coriander. The activation was developed in partnership with Urban.

In Sydney, pop-up MasterChef herb carts will feature at Martin Place and Town Hall stations, giving Sydney commuters a chance to take home herb seeds to start their own garden.

Network 10’s head of marketing Brad Garbutt said: “The return of MasterChef Australia signals the return to winter home cooking. Over its 10 seasons, the iconic MasterChef herb garden, shaped in the MasterChef coil, has provided inspiration for the over 250 MasterChef contestants who have walked through the MasterChef kitchen doors. With our herb garden activation, we’re hoping to inspire commuters to cook their own extraordinary dishes at home.”

10 has also partnered with AdFlow to create three delectable taxi wraps across 10 Rydo taxis in Sydney and Melbourne. Until the end of the 2019 MasterChef Australia season, travellers will be able to ride in either a Matt Preston Sprinkle drip cake, a Gary Mehigan Choc-Heaven cake or a George Colombaris Lemon Drizzle.

Mr Garbutt continued: “Imagine driving around and seeing a taxi wrapped in your favourite desert next to the face of a MasterChef Australia judge. It’d catch your eye right? That’s exactly what we we’re hoping for. This activation aims to make people smile as they’re travelling around their city - giving them a feeling similar to that warm fuzzy feeling they’d get while watching the show.”

Both activations are part of a broader national campaign developed by Spark Foundry. The campaign also includes large and small format out-of-home, radio, digital, social, TV and print.

New promo

3 Likes