Five AA Adelaide

1 Like

Chinphones

1 Like

Who would’ve thought in 2022/23 that we’re still seeing messages saying the website will not be updated (i.e. closed) until January 2023.

FIVEaa.com.au On A Break – Returning 9 January - FiveAA

Surely a major metro station could have some remote updates during this time?

6 Likes
1 Like

I find it somewhat odd that a station as popular as FiveAA always has an “Advertise Here” link as its feature story on its website homepage: https://www.fiveaa.com.au

Is it really that tough finding advertisers? Surely, the latest news/audio highlights would be more popular.

2 Likes

The Advertiser reports Seven has teamed up with FIVEaa to broadcast a 30-minute bulletin on the station, starting today (June 5). 7News on FIVEaa will be heard weekdays at midday, and replaces a similar show previously hosted by Nine News.
The report says the previous agreement between FIVEaa and Nine Adelaide came to a mutual end.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/rosanna-mangiarelli-and-will-goodings-top-adelaide-ratings-for-7news-again/news-story/aca6d0a5d6b0e935bae611ac770c48af

UPDATE

2 Likes

I would love for 9NEWS to be simulcast on Nine Radio stations nationally, then have WWOS 6:30-7pm.

An update for those interested in the non ratings winter break.

Lucy Lokan is hosting breakfast for three weeks. Last week with Dave Penberthy, this week with Tom Rehn and next week with Will Goodings.

Angie McBride is doing afternoons. Sam Tuggwell amd Warren Tredrea are doing drive and Andrew Reimer is on nights.

Jono Edwards was on air for the first time on Monday hosting the Sports Wrap. He was nervous but did a good job

Richard Pascoe and David Bruce have hosted a few slots as well.

2 Likes

That’s a nice strategic way to stagger the breakfast show holidays without completely jeopardising it’s audience.

1 Like

Jade Robran announced yesterday she would quit as afternoons host after two years. Her final show is this Friday, October 27.

2 Likes

If you have been watching the survey results, afternoons has been an absolute disaster, by far the lowest share of any metro talkback station consistently throughout her time on air.

1 Like

I liked Jade and thought she would pick up ratings after she took over from Pilko but wasn’t to be.

I don’t think Angie will get the role long-term, so it will be interesting to see who they go with. Leith Forrest to afternoons and then Andrew Reimer at night would work, but that would mean an all male lineup. I think it will be a female.

1 Like

ABC Adelaide breakfast radio presenter Stacey Lee is believed to be moving to rival station FIVEaa to host its afternoon shift

No surprise, quite obvious by her commercial style presenting on ABC Adelaide.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow! This is awful!

A sad sad sad day for radio in Australia.

Blake is a great talent, I suppose Nova will run more sports content.

FiveAA just running repeats of the days interviews between 7pm and 8pm. I wonder if they will stick with that in 2024?

2 Likes

Great news for those employed, I’m sure they’re glad for work.

However, it also shows that FiveAA are again aspiring to provide champagne on a beer budget.

Beyond the newsreaders, the newsroom has faced cutbacks beyond what’s acceptable for a news talk station that has the potential to be number one and writing a higher commercial share than it currently does.

Same for programs and other depts.

2 Likes