FIFA World Cup 2018

Correct, last month Mel was revealed as a member of Optus Sport team covering the World Cup. I assume she is on loan from Seven.

1 Like

Numerous complaints on Twitter about the Optus Sport app and streams freezing. I just did a test and using the NBN and 5Ghz Wi-Fi on my mobile phone there are no problems. When I tried using my Optus mobile data the app will not play the live stream, however the Optus Sport channels on the Fetch Mobi app using my mobile data plays fine.

Edit: There is some advice on Twitter that using the SBS app then logging in with your Optus Sport account works fine with no streaming issues.

2 Likes

My Optus Sport working fine on my PC but not on my iPhone. Weird.

1 Like

Optus has had to temporarily provide free access until they sort out a login problem.

1 Like

One viewer is not happy about Optus Sport’s coverage of FIFA World Cup

1 Like

A few different score bugs from around the networks.

4 Likes

Yes the set looks great but it’s inexcusable that Optus are basing all of their World Cup coverage (apart from the ‘Red Square Live’ program) out of a studio in Sydney when they’ve got a set in Russia.

They should be criticized as much for that decision as Seven were during the Rio Olympics for having all of their coverage being hosted from a Sydney studio

The explanation from Optus.

1 Like

I think Optus’ advice to fans will be to log in early and not just before kick-off.

1 Like

While that’s good advice, it doesn’t excuse the fact that Optus should have been prepared for the situation which occurred last night

1 Like

Exactly! You can’t blame your paying customers for something that you are responsible for providing and keeping online regardless of the amount of users online.

2 Likes

Score bug without the time.

1 Like

It’s almost like Optus are blaming the fans for all tuning-in at the same time! C’mon get yo shit together Optus

2 Likes

Most Village and Event Cinemas across Australia will be showing Socceroos’ World Cup matches on the big screen, starting with tonight’s clash against France.

1 Like

Everything is working fine for me via Fetch TV. Recorded the above-mentioned game

Flicked over a couple of times on Fetch and it seemed fine, no issues from what I could see despite the whinging on twitter.

I had no problems on Fetch either. The problem seemed to mainly affect the Optus Sport app.

4 Likes

Do Optus sport have their own commentary team for the Australian games or they just using the world feed?

They use the world feed

1 Like

It’s happened again

3 Likes