ITV set

3 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheWorldGame/status/1007242652469755905?s=20

3 Likes

Sound problems - can’t hear Robbie

3 Likes

3 Likes

First goal of tournament to the home team.

Tribute to Les Murray at the start of SBS’s Russia 2018 broadcast.

1 Like

On the TV SBS radio channels there was one Russian channel, 2 Arabic, and 2 taking BBC commentary. Digital radio had similar (one less Arabic) and SBS on FM had the BBC commentary.

That should have the radio coverage of every match in it.

What do you expect? They’re in cost cutting mode.

Still, I agree though that at least Seven could’ve tried harder (Even in cost cutting mode).

1 Like

Did SBS & Optus have the same commentary team for the opening match?

Sorry for preaching to the choir, but tomorrow night will be epic. Anyone else here excited to see the Socceroos take on what will be our hardest country in the group? :smile: Round of 16 is what we famously made over a decade ago, but even if we don’t progress further, equalling that would be well and truly good enough. I agree with the decision not to appoint Graham Arnold until after the World Cup too.
I will post my predictions for tomorrow night’s audience in that thread.

2 Likes

No - Tyler is working exclusively for SBS

2 Likes

The Guardian haven’t quite got the time zones right…
First the UK time in the yellow banner, but the real problem is they’ve failed to move the matches to the next day when they cross over midnight, i.e. PRT v ESP should be Saturday 04:00 AEST; I’d hate to miss a match I was keen on watching because of this sloppiness:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/world-cup-2018/overview

1 Like

Some Screencaps from Optus Sport’s Pre-Game Coverage

6 Likes

Not a fan of the colour of the bottom of the couch, otherwise a stunning set. Nice job Optus Sport

3 Likes

1 Like

A bit curious, but why is Mel McLaughlin joining Optus Sport? Was she on a contract with optus Sport for Fifa World Cup.

1 Like