Fictional News Bulletins In Films & TV

C-A-U-G-H-T

3 Likes

Something along the lines of it - BBC News in 1939/44/45, headed by Sue Lawley. This channel has an entire playlist for the programme:

Looking into it further, turns out it’s not the first time they’re doing this! Would love to see it being done in modern graphics once more.
https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1166610113181798400

Pres Cafe also points me to these:
Dateline Jerusalem, headed by Martyn Lewis:

and Bethlehem Year Zero, both on ITV and fronted by Lewis. I couldn’t find the full programme, but here’s the opening and end credits:

Lokking them up in Wikipedia also got me News 40: The Battle of Britain: ITV News in 1940, headed by none other than Lewis.

Despite the listing claiming a full week of episodes, there’s only one that’s currently online (miscredited to the BBC and wrong year):

1 Like

Saw these “fake” Australian media logos on the “Housos v Authority” movie on FOXTEL tonight.

9 Likes

From Red White and Royal Blue

4 Likes

From the new Uluru Dialogue ‘Yes’ ad

2 Likes

Today on CAUGH*T

1 Like

If you put backslashes before the asterisks, the text won’t italicise.

C*A*U*G*H*T

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised they allowed “Today” to be mocked like this. Maybe they should have used a different name so it was a bit more fictional like “This Day”.

4 Likes

Maybe Nine were happy for it to be used given the extra plug for Stan was on it - I can’t imagine the Stan logo would have been there otherwise?

That Stan watermark is only on the preview video, this is a scene from the show where there is no watermark.

1 Like

Sky Cat News:

5 Likes

Henry Danger

2 Likes
9 Likes

im gonna tell my kids that this was sunrise :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes
1 Like

ITV’s Saturday Night Takeaway on Twitter, recruiting new junior presenters:
https://twitter.com/itvtakeaway/status/1703831258508247192

2 Likes

TVC

3 Likes

What was the name of the War of the Worlds esque TV news bulletin that was broadcast on CBS(?)? It was a fake movie starting and being interrupted by news of a meteor strike in Montana I think… I can’t remember the name for the life of me.

1 Like

Without Warning?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like