Fetch TV

Well the damage has been done. Had Optus dropped the prices and loosened the restrictions when it launched the offer, the backlash would not have been so great.

Optus has bought the rights to this years preseason International Champions Cup. All matches will be on Optus Sport except the three games in Melbourne which will be on Nine.

Fetch last night launched its new Mini PVR with a retail price of $149 (but will also be included in some internet packages). It is also making Presto available to subscribers (see Presto thread), adding 9Now, introducing new channel Spike from July 1 (see Spike thread), launching a new PVR set top box and new companion apps, expanding its pay-per-view library, and has renewed distribution deals with Optus and M2/Dodo/iiNet. Fetch PVR will be sold in JB Hi-Fi stores for the first time alongside Harvey Norman.

1 Like

Optus has revealed more details about its EPL pricing and coverage, including a 24/7 channel which will start in early July: article

1 Like

Looks good without the need to subscribe to a base pack

Optus has elected Vimond to build and deliver the technical infrastructure, including content ingestion, preparation and distribution, which will enable Optus customers to view English Premier League (EPL) football games over the coming three seasons.

Optus apps, which are also delivered by Vimond through partners on a suite of devices along with a new 24/7 football channel, will be available to home broadband and post-paid mobile customers. The service will be launched in early July.
…
The app developed for Optus will soon be available on Android and iOS, as well as Apple TV, soon to be followed by Samsung Smart TV and other devices. The app implements adaptive bitrate technology in order to optimise performance for specific screens.

Fetch is adding Hillsong Channel soon.

can’t wait. :unamused:

Australian Financial Review reports TPG Telecom will offer Fetch TV to subscribers in the next few months. iiNet, which is owned by TPG and has 983,000 broadband subscribers, also resumed selling the pay television service after a brief period where it stopped sales last year.

I noticed CNN added to my fetchtv last night with no fanfare

finally! always wondered why it wasn’t carried.

TPG potentially adding Fetch is an interesting development - the talk was when TPG bought iiNet that TPG would ditch Fetch

They gave us CNN and now a crappy app update that doesn’t allow watching recorded items from your box… Not to mention all series links disapearred so no programs recording again
Where is the testing?
Where is the customer service?
Not many options to complain or get help (online help is next to useless)
Moved from a humax box due to issues, what to swap to now???

So in other words, the app update does not allow you to record programs from the Fetch box. Interesting. Maybe it’s because most programs are now available on catchup services like Plus7, so they are disabling the record function, forcing you to go to catchup apps to see the shows you missed (and be subjected to ads).

1 Like

Sucks when you buy something for functionality you want and its taken away with no replacement, like buying a car and having the wheels taken off you !

What box do you have? I have the 2nd gen box, and the update did nothing to mine.

Cartoon Network & Boomerang are operating on a free trial until Feb 27, it says more info will be available afterwards. Testing the waters for more channels it looks like. Fetch has a really good pay line-up gathering now.

Oops can a mod merge this with existing thread?

EFTM is reporting an imminent change to the Fetch TV subscription channel pricing model which adds more channels, raises the overall price but dramatically reduces the entry price for the internet delivered channels.
Mediaweek adds one of the new channels will be MTV Classic, launching exclusively on Fetch next Monday (February 27).

Speaking of - I have an Optus Fetch box that someone gave me because they switched companies. It won’t activate directly with Fetch - is there any way to make it, or will Optus do that for me without me becoming a customer for other things?

Expect a massive marketing campaign to coincide with the new pricing model. A refreshed logo and new branding slogan, “We Bring It”, will feature in the push by Fetch to go after disaffected Foxtel customers.