Fetch TV

3 world problems it seems…

1 Like

Since I’m watching Les Norton this week, I’ve noticed this. Oddly it was eps 8 and 10 that were ‘season unknown’.

Also noticed that the ABC must have stopped labelling them again. The latest season of The Investigators started off with the season and episode tags but then it just stopped after a couple of weeks.

1 Like

I still have my Select TV STB. $30 a month at the time but couldn’t justify that amount of money for a handful of channels.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s good that Fetch are adding channels to replace the ones that have been pulled, even though they have different content.

4 Likes

Eurosport launches on Fetch from 1 February 2020

Eurosport has a new Australian home on Fetch from Saturday 1 February.

Eurosport is the home of passion sports serving its dedicated fans with unrivalled coverage of cycling, winter sports, snooker and athletics. We’ve secured premium, exclusive rights for some of the biggest and best events around the globe, delivering more than 2,000 hours of live sports viewing each year.

Our exciting 2020 line-up includes:

Cycling: Ad-break-free live stage coverage including two Grand Tours – the Giro d’Italia in May (exclusive to Eurosport) and the Vuelta a España in August – plus all of the Spring Classics, Monuments, and many other events from the World, European and Asian tours.

Snooker: The world’s biggest snooker tournaments including the Players Championship in February, the China Open and the season-ending World Championships in May.

Winter Sports: The final events in the 2019/20 World Cup season in February/March, including Australian stars in Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding, plus Alpine Skiing, Ski Jumping and more.

Athletics: Major international Athletics events throughout the year, beginning with the World Indoor Tour events in Germany in February.

Stay tuned for more details about how you can subscribe.

4 Likes

Will it be on one of the channel packs or an add-on?

Add-on $8.95/month

Not good. Should have been part of an existing pack since their packs are looking a bit slim lately.

2 Likes

Knowledge pack has most channels. The other packs don’t have many at all.

Yes. They have cut channels in the general and language packs but haven’t reduced the prices.

1 Like

Yeah - there’s already a fair bit of backlash on Eurosport AU’s Twitter above the move to Fetch and I suspect that’s only going to grow louder when the pricing details are more widely known

Well too bad to them its Foxtel’s fault.

I still use my box for recording but have cancelled all subscriptions. The variety pack does just not do it for me anymore!

1 Like

A lot of it is because you need a Fetch box to access it (yes I get that it was no different to Foxtel) - there has been a growing chorus of people wanting Eurosport to bring the Eurosport Player to Australia (especially since Kayo began).

The need for a set top box for an internet delivered service is a bit old-school though - Fetch might get more subs if they opened up their access to apps

I’ve always wondered about this; maybe Fetch make more money on the box than the channels?

Eurosport is now live on Fetch

1 Like

Why is it that when Foxtel loses a channel, Fetch has to follow suit? Shouldn’t there be separate contracts as Foxtel and Fetch are different pay TV providers?

The contacts are separate; however, with Fetch’s relatively small subscriber base, it often doesn’t stack up economically for the channel to continue in Australia just for Fetch. Especially if the channel needs to buy rights for the programming it shows.

I wonder if this is the first country where Disney Channel has been discontinued altogether.

2 Likes