Federal Politics

dude stop watching SNOF soon SNOW.

Your health levels will be much better off.

1 Like

I flick over to have a laugh. Itā€™s hilarious.

Where did you read this? Iā€™m interested in reading about that. Hopefully Dutton is as toxic as that would suggest.

Off Twitter. I screencapped them before to share with friends.

at 55/45 (which of course is a poll that will change) that would see the coalition be wiped out by up to 22 seats, so Malcolm in that position would be a waste of time, that said it would be funny to see him sitting next to Abbott :slightly_smiling_face: on that side of the chamber as an independent.

I was employed by one of his companies 20 years ago, even back then when he was doing the Republic thing he wanted to be in Canberra badly, Malcolm was what 43 years old then and he was so much different, not a waffler at all, straight and to the point and was making so much money on his business investments, he was so much more heavier then he is today but hey when your always eating out every night in the Sydney CBD that is another story.

But that was a long time ago, today he is in like 3 minds and always looking over his shoulder, in the old days when he was the boss nothing would get past him.

3 Likes

it is, I guess we will have to wait and see what tomorrow holds.

So far all the traitors have offered to sit on the backbench, SMH (Fairfax, while its still Fairfax and not Nine) has published a potential vote card of todayā€™s vote.

Interesting names on both sides.

1 TURNBULL (48 votes)
2 Craig Laundy
3. Ken Wyatt
4. Paul Fletcher
5. Dan Tehan
6. Kelly Oā€™Dwyer
7. Christian Porter
8. Julie Bishop
9. Scott Morrison
10. Mitch Fifield
11. Christopher Pyne
12. Mathias Cormann
13. Marise Payne
14. Simon Birmingham
15. Michaelia Cash
16. Josh Frydenberg
17. Alex Hawke
18. John McVeigh
19. Rowan Ramsey
20 Nola Marino
21 Julian Leeser
22. John Alexander
23. Trevor Evans
24. Tim Wilson
25. Stuart Robert
26. Chris Crewther
27. Sarah Henderson
28. Jason Falinski
39. Lucy Wicks
30. David Coleman
31 Jane Prentice
32. Julia Banks
33. Ann Sudmalis
34. Russell Broadbent
35. Trent Zimmerman
36. Ian Goodenough
37. Steven Irons
38. Melissa Price
39. Lucy Gichuhi
40 Jane Hume
41. Richard Colbeck
42. Scott Ryan
43. Anne Ruston
44. Linda Reynolds
45. Ian Macdonald
46. Slade Brockman
47. Jonathan Duniam
48. Tony Smith

DUTTON (35 votes)

1. Peter Dutton

2. Michael Sukkar

3. Greg Hunt

4. Steve Ciobo

5. Michael Keenan

6. Angus Taylor

7. Alan Tudge

8. Concetta Fierravanti-Wells

9. Ross Vasta

10. Craig Kelly

11. Bert van Manen

12. Tony Abbott

13. Kevin Andrews

14. Andrew Hastie

15. Jason Wood

16. Luke Howarth

17. Nicolle Flint

18. Tony Pasin

19. Ted Oā€™Brien

20. Ben Morton

21. Andrew Wallace

22. Karen Andrews

23. Rick Wilson

24. Andrew Laming

25. Sussan Ley

26. Eric Abetz

27. Scott Buchholz

28. David Bushby

29. David Fawcett

30. Jim Molan

31. James McGrath

32. James Paterson

33. Zed Seselja

34. Amanda Stoker

35. Dean Smith

36. Absent: Arthur Sinodinos

If Malcolm Turnbull gets kicked out, I wouldnā€™t be overly surprised if he decides to quit politics after 14 years or so representing Wentworth.

Julie Bishop and/or Scott Morrison would most likely be aiming to be the Liberal leader themselves at some point after the next Federal Election? Canā€™t see them replacing Turnbull if (well, probably when) another spill happens.

2 Likes

Skelletor (Bishop) has no chance, she only cares about WA< go back and listen to her reply today, again no chance.

Morrison on the other hand wants it bad, but he like Costello in the early and mid 2000ā€™s is shit scared to pull the trigger and no longer has gum flapper football caller on his side.

Malcolm will easily hold wentworth either way.

I mentioned earlier that Malcolm knows he can call for an election but his story is now he wants more time to reverse things (good luck) i.e: like how Hawke got 7 months (was it 7 months or 4? that was so long ago) to try and fix things.

If Malcolm goes to GG and calls for an election then its full on war inside the libs, he knows this so its a risky risky road.

2 Likes

Rowan Dean said tonight this whole things is about Paris and that the libs need to fight a climate change election. :roll_eyes:

I think the first attempted spill on Bob Hawkeā€™s leadership happened in late May 1991, before Paul Keating replaced him in the week before Christmas?

heā€™s nuttier than squirrel poop. great entertainment tho - iā€™ve had sky on the tellie today and in the car iā€™ve hadley, price and there mob on 4BCā€¦ been a great listen hearing the RWNJā€™s go mental

2 Likes

let them fight on this, Labor will simply say ABBOTT wanted Paris to go ahead, they canā€™t fight on that front, the best strategy to fight Labor is easy:

TAX TAX TAX

Capital Gains, Divined Imputation, ETS, Income TAX and yes corporate tax cuts (spin it in a way that makes Labor the bad guys by taxing SMB at the same rate as large multi-nationals who donā€™t pay).

1 Like

Yep and here it is
Hawke v Keating part 1

Hawke v Keating part 2

the crazy thing in all that is that Channel 190 logo has been the same since that time, that is some 27 years with the same basic logo ā€¦

1 Like

That is the question I still canā€™t work out.

Peter Dutton promises a return to ā€˜conservativeā€™ - read reactionary - values along with populist economic promises; he will cut immigration and power bills according to the far right Abbott policy agenda.

But opening the door to authoritarianism is opening the door to potential societal chaos with division and instability rising and will make our nation even less humane.

Trumpā€™s America is the cautionary tale that applies.

Australia is at a political crossroads.

An election is necessary, now.

1 Like

If this is not referred to the high court there is a massive stench of corruption right here. Only the House can refer on to the High Court and unfortunately the government has the numbers.

1 Like

But if he became PM and a couple of Nats crossed the floor like Drum and Chester have suggested could happen. Hell he may not even make it past a a no confidence motion.

but all it would take if for the cross bench to side with Labor.

Will the cross bench stand up for Australia or will they stick with the dirty deals they have in place with the government for supply?

Astonished they are going down this populist path. Heā€™s been out today calling to take the GST of electricity bills for everyone except single people. And saying there should be a Royal Commission into energy companies. The Coalition introduced the broad based consumption tax to eliminate inefficient piecemeal and inconsistent taxation regimes that existed on goods and services. Heā€™s effectively promising to start to dismantle that when the budget is deep in deficit and debt is rising.

Add to that, I cannot think of one major policy achievement Peter Dutton has been responsible. Scott Morrison and Tony Abbott set up Operation Sovereign Borders and stopped the boats as they say. They did this while Dutton was trying (and failed) to sell a hugely unpopular Medicare co-payment policy. Doctors also gave him this dubious honour.