Federal Politics

…your behaviour is quite bizarre. The headline simply mentioned he is Muslim, and that’s because the references used to reduce the charge related to his involvement as a Muslim in the Muslim community.

I see you’re busting to use cliche, left-wing terms like dog-whistling, but you’re just looking foolish at the moment.

You introduced his religion into it via a gutter tabloid journalism at its best. On the same forum where you decry ad nauseam click bait by another publisher. You’re just another card carrying member of the perpetually offended. Double standards methinks.

1 Like

Oh Jesus Christ. Forget the fact it’s the Daily Mail, I also gave you a Herald Sun option. I then gave you a The Age option. Read whichever you like.

I linked to a news report to give context to an ISSUE.

I did not introduce his religion, because his religion is literally the whole issue in the first place.

It’s not click bait, because it actually happened. It’s been reported on by every media outlet. Saying someone is Muslim is not click bait…

Am I losing my mind or are you just talking nonsense here?

The Daily Mail is only one you liked to which mentions Outrage, Muslim, just two weeks in it’s headline. [quote=“Firetorch, post:522, topic:1123”]
It’s not click bait
[/quote]
Of course it is. Blind Freddie could see that. It is you who is blind to the fact.

Well you’d make a shocking subbie for online tabloid rubbish if you believe that.

WRONG. I also linked to the Herald Sun.

Oh, you’re just trolling now. The headline literally describes all necessary facts to the story.

BUT THE WHOLE NEWS ISSUE IS ABOUT THE WORK HE HAS DONE IN THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY AS A MUSLIM FOOTBALLER. IT IS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE ISSUE.

1 Like

Sorry, but i am not. Unless your link has changed - granted sometimes they do. Bachar Houli receives two-game ban for striking Carlton’s Jed Lamb; read the HS headline.

How about you just go back to my post, read it, confirm that I also linked to the Herald Sun, and then apologise in your next post, rather than carrying on with an entire discussion of nonsense lies?

YES BUT THIS IS A FEDERAL POLITICS THREAD AND THE POLITICAL ISSUE IS NOT THE FACT AN AFL FOOTBALLER WAS SUSPENDED FOR TWO MATCHES FOR STRIKING A CARLTON PLAYER NAMED JED LAMB. THE ISSUE IS THAT THAT SUSPENSION WAS MODIFIED BECAUSE OF CHARACTER REFERENCES, INCLUDING FROM THE PRIME MINISTER, ABOUT HIS WORK AS A MUSLIM FOOTBALLER IN THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know how else to get this through to you…it is very simple to understand…

Ah sorry, I checked if I needed to do that. The HS headline does not mention his religion. Now you man up an apologise. Happy to agree with you on some points but not this one.

I have no idea what you’re trying to argue here. See my post previous to this one of yours.

And I’m the troll. Read my post, slowly, carefully, think about a response. Don’t rush, you’ll look foolish.

Oh please, I’m not two years old, I’m not scared of your silly threats. How about you just explain your issue, rather than cryptic riddles?

I’ll explain myself.

I posted links to two articles regarding this issue.

You took issue with the fact one of them, the Daily Mail, said he was a Muslim footballer in the headline.

I said, in effect, no surprise it did, because the whole issue was about his suspension being modified because of the work in the Muslim community.

I said, big deal whatever you think about that, just focus on the issue which has been covered by all news media.

You then told me, incorrectly, that I only linked to the Daily Mail article.

You then told me, that the Herald Sun didn’t mention Muslim in the headline…which was never in dispute. Then you demanded an apology for…something.

If you think this is actually how it works then you’re clearly clueless.[quote=“Firetorch, post:520, topic:1123”]
The headline simply mentioned he is Muslim
[/quote]

That is a kind of dog-whistling though.

“Catholic man given reduced sentence” would never run on The Daily Mail.

I know Malcolm Turnbull is mentioned somewhere in this chain of events… but anything else about analysis of news headlines, and whatever else not specifically related to politics can continue in a more appropriate thread.

And be nice to each other.

Sure, TelevisionAU, but one clarification to a proposition put to me that is not worth moving to another thread:

That headline would be appropriate, and analogous, if the court took into account the offender’s Catholic background and help to the “Catholic community”.

The demonisation of the Daily Mail for mentioning the word Muslim is bizarre and frankly wrong in this instance.

Wow, astounding hypocrisy on show, but that’s media commentary in the early 21st Century for you.

As it turns out, Turnbull didn’t give a character reference to the afl tribunal. Richmond have handled this woefully and in the process besmirched Houlis’ reputation by dragging the PM into it.

1 Like

Who was the female journalist who shouted out to the Prime Minister at his press conference yesterday to “Counsel him!” in relation to what Turnbull should do to Abbott?

A wise one.