Federal Politics

Exactly. It’s purely political point-scoring, hence why I find it so tact-less.

Hmm, she’s seeing a new style of incident occur repeatedly through Europe (Westminster in March, Berlin last December, Nice last July) and is concerned about such an attack occurring in Australia. I’m not quite sure what the “purely political point-scoring” is to be honest…maybe let’s have less of the cliches here.

Whether her stated solution is the best way of dealing with it, who knows. That’s up for the Government to consider. I definitely do not consider a politician wishing to prevent such an attack happening in Australia to be “political point-scoring”.

Pauline is focused on a problem - perhaps you might be political point-scoring in seeking to making Pauline some kind of scapegoat here? Food for thought.

Seeing the criminal background of that Brighton fruit loop on the news today is just shocking. Actually unfathomable. What sort of shithouse justice system does Victoria have?

Maybe if criminals, after their 10th, 11th, 12th or 16th burglary, or attempted stabbing, or plot to kill, were locked away for decades, then we wouldn’t have people like Pauline making headway in Australian politics and people would be very much more comfortable with Muslim immigration?

There need to be serious questions asked about this.

Yes the system seems pretty broken but I’m disappointed at hearing that the feds had stopped their surveillance of this person and apparently they didn’t even tell the (state) parole board he was on a terrorism watchlist???

The two new​ fences in the ACT.

1 Like

LNP putting up a Faraday cage to stop those damn wireless NBN signals getting through? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gosh I didn’t ever think I’d feel sorry for Andrew Bolt, but the cunts who glitterbombed him and then got into an altercation should be locked up.

Never have I seen protesters score an own-goal quite as stupidly.

2 Likes

Interesting article showing how simplistic notions (‘glib’ slogans) which may have played well in the media are costing us all now:

I…I think I’m speechless. I truly think this is the most ridiculous news report I have ever read.

Also see: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/bachar-houli-receives-twogame-ban-for-striking-carltons-jed-lamb/news-story/d2e233da4893cd880a4093172fca5897

The Age reported the tribunal, who handed down the two-week suspension, had said: ‘It is very rare that we come across an example of such a fine character… and on that basis it’s a two week penalty’.

‘It’s very hard to think of a better example of the strength and resilience of our great multicultural society than the work that Bachar Houli does,’ Mr Turnbull said in remarks put forward by the club’s counsel.

You mean the pathetic click bait head line from the highly reputable Daily Mail? No where else have I seen Houli’s faith brought into his indiscretion on the field by means of a rubbishy headline.

I’m confused. What are you saying? That only the Daily Mail is talking about this? I also linked to the Herald Sun. Or are you saying that they are pathetic for saying “Muslim” in the headline, even though the whole story is about the fact he is a Muslim footballer?

Please clarify.

9news.com.au is reporting on it. Most stupid story I’ve seen in a long time. Who cares if he is Muslim, he was in the wrong. If he was a white European he would of taken it. They only point out he’s Muslim so people feel sorry about him. Bloody wingers.

1 Like

Perhaps you need the “highly reputable” Fairfax to believe the news then Frankie…

learning of the work he did in the Islamic community with his own academy and football league

So what on earth do you mean by the Daily Mail headline being rubbish because it brought his faith into it? I’m confused.

It truly is gobsmacking. That it should involve the Prime Minister as well is just…weird?

1 Like

Surely is weird.

Police: "Sir, you’re fined for speeding"
Speeder: "I’m Muslim"
Police: “Well that changes everything, I’m sorry for misunderstanding”.

1 Like

Not only that, but the classic corny cliche…“and I’ve done work in the X community”.

One second that’s the story. Previously, we’ve had Anne Aly screeching on Q&A that there’s no such thing as the “Muslim community”.

:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I mean it’s a rubbishy headline that is the first I’ve seen bring his faith into it. Simple. Tabloid rubbish.

As for character references at the tribunal, I’m not in favour. Few AFL players would know the PM or have a one eyed supporter of their club back him. He should have got 3 weeks as a minimum, but that’s a discussion for another thread.

@Firetorch
Is this better? Craps all over the Daily Mail.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bachar-houli-its-absurd-that-a-prime-minister-got-a-footy-players-suspension-cut-20170627-gwzxjy.html

Take whatever article you like. I posted it here, in the Federal Politics thread, regarding the political issues raised.

Courtesy of your dog whistling headline.

It would seem this one’s been twisted anyway. Richmond used a transcript of Turnbull’s remarks from an earlier press conference. If I were from PM&C I’d be asking Richmond for a please explain.