Federal Politics

Nope. You ridiculously suggested MediaSpy needed “quotas” and “drafting in people from underrepresented groups” - clearly an attempt to ridicule me as supposedly one of those “right wing nutjobs” that use such forms of “positive discrimination” as a hobby horse. You’re trolling again by even suggesting you weren’t having a dig at me by saying that.

In any case, to draw a line under this discussion which has jumped down miles of rabbit holes because people don’t like my opinions and attempt to pick away at them endlessly: I, personally, found Yassmin’s comments totally repulsive.

Not at all. I just was making a point that unless some artificial form of adjusting discussion takes place, you’ll never get the full spectrum of Australian political views.

You’re over-analysing what I wrote dude.

1 Like

I think you’re both overanalysing everything the other one says. Sometimes it feels you’re arguing for the sake of arguing and need to move on. :joy: or can’t move on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s well known I’m a weird sort of internet masochist.

3 Likes

So, I was mocked the other day here for referencing the fact the Daily Mail had picked up on the Yassmin story mid-week. Well, here’s something more palatable for those users; Fairfax, second biggest headline, many days later (after finding a way to twist this story around for its far-left audience):

It’s fairly certain they didn’t envision a future Australia where a young woman is subject to institutional bullying from men

That’s right. Yassmin was being “institutionally bullied by men”. This after, well, er, referencing the fact Pauline Hanson was also critical.

Was her comment eye-rollingly undergraduate? Yes.

While most Australians, and in particular the cultural warriors who defend the traditions of the Anzacs from behind their laptops, are temperate and considered while on social media, not all people follow their sensible example.

Oh sure - the comment was undergraduate, and totally not out of line considering what other undesirable people post on social media. :rolling_eyes: Let’s forget the reason WHY people are upset - that in fact she isn’t an undergraduate, but in high profile, taxpayer funded positions - presents on the ABC; is on the board of DFAT’s Council for Australian-Arab Relations.

But were her words offensive and seditious? Not so much.

Yep. Totally not offensive.

Against this backdrop, Abdel-Magied materialised, as if from political-correctness-gone-mad paradise

Yes, it’s all a mirage. Example of political-correctness-gone-mad, is not really an example of political-correctness-gone-mad. :rolling_eyes: That thing that’s staring you in the face? It’s all made up.

This whole report is similar to the standard response on social media (twitter especially) after terrorist incidents these days by the far-left: they are more concerned with what the response of the evil far right (but really ordinary, sane people) will be, rather than the source of the outrage itself.

The left is just full of fruit loops these days - this report even internally contradicts itself such are the mental distortions necessary to come to these conclusions.

False.

1 Like

Took you three days :smile:

Actually, it took Fairfax three days to “report” on it. :joy:

I don’t understand what you’re saying? First of all, there was an article on Fairfax when the story broke. Second, you already had replied to that comment three days ago. Third, whaaa?

Of course you understand. You said “no one has heard of this issue”. You said I was “parody” for highlighting coverage by media organisations such as the Daily Mail in support of the view that actually, people had. Three days later and it’s the second-to-top headline on the Fairfax website.

So, false.

And lastly, I’m commenting on the batshit crazy article from Fairfax that’s just been published today.

You forgot to paste it in your original post, hence the confusion. I’d be interested in reading it.

Nevertheless, I don’t see any merit in this dragging this out even further.

…? I have?

Cool - let’s discuss then, as this is a site for media analysis, why Fairfax has a ranty, far-left opinion piece on this issue as their main headline, half a week later.

Ah I see, yeah I only got the notification for “false”, didn’t realise there was a post above.

See this sort of name calling completely undercuts your arguments. Lots of people are more than willing to have arguments about the merits of any topic, but when they’re immediately name called, that’s going to shut down debate.

I don’t see how you’re so outraged. Last week you said ANZAC Day was a load of wank, and now you’re outraged because someone used that day to exercise free speech.

Political point scoring dressed up as outrage.

This is my last point on the topic so please just be civil with your response.

Pity you missed the substance of the post to focus on that one tidbit. I love how you give the impression that I’m not civil to you in advance - you’ve been far ruder to me personally in posts previously on this site, than I have to you personally - in fact this latest discussion was prompted by me correcting the record on you labeling me a “parody”.

As for “name calling” the article is literally titled “culture warriors defending the Anzacs from behind their laptops”. This is name calling by the nations second largest newspaper group. Please apply your standard to Fairfax, rather than getting in a huff that I think a journalist, plainly contradicting herself in her own article by outlandishly suggesting Yassmin was “institutionally bullied by men”, is a fruit loop. Personally, I’ve never read such an erratic, ranty article - and I think poor journalism should be called out on this site.

What is everyone’s take on the 2017 Federal Budget?

Stick it to the banks. Yeah! About time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My only issue is this work for the dole crap being made fifty hours for 390 to 59 year olds. Where does that leave them to job hunt . Its basically five days a week.Sure attending job interviews takes precedents. Does SlowMo not realise that job hunting is varied. Cold canvassing, writing slection criteria and the cover letter. All takes time. Believe me i know.

Im in good job now, so i definetly will sympathise to those job seekers who are struggling will see this as a punishment.

This mandatory drug testing is suppose to cover three areas. I amm assuming they are going to target where there is a high drug use and high unemployment rates.

1 Like