Federal Politics

Both sides seem to do that just that the ‘right’ seem to hide it and deny it. More illegal immigrants have come via air than they ever did via boat.

Brett Lee is on Team Tony:

Ruins my childhood memories of idealising Brett lee

Interesting that he’d support Abbott when he grew up in one of the safest Labor seats in NSW.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the Liberals are doing much better. They seem happy to toss out millions to vested interests without following due process or having any paper trail (e.g. Murdoch/Foxtel, Barrier Reef, etc), charging taxpayers for indulgencies like helicopter trips, etc. They like to bang on about being financially responsible, and in the past they might have been, but I’m just not seeing it now.

4 Likes

Our national debt has almost tripled since the Liberals (they’re conservatives but whatever) came into power. I’m not sure how that’s being fiscally responsible either.
Personally, I think both ‘sides’ are both pretty poor currently at handling the finances.

Conviently corgettinf that labor started this whole mess and the libs are trying to put the surplass back.

And how are they supposedly doing that? Cutting spending or increasing taxes? BOTH spending AND personal taxes are higher under this coalition government! But don’t let the facts get in the way.

I’d almost believe that but it’s been six years now and they haven’t fixed anything and they’re throwing our money around for their own interests. I’m sure Labor are not innocent but the Liberals can’t claim the high moral ground here

3 Likes

I knew I’d get a bite…
Yep, all after that surplass!

Utter rubbish. Labor spent the money during the global financial crisis to ensure Australia stayed out of recession. And indeed we were spared the brunt of that global turn down because of labors deicisons and financial management.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you NSW Liberals are a hell of a lot better at fiscal management than their Federal counterparts who still haven’t managed the return to surplus and that is while continuing to collect the additional Medicare Levy which in itself doesn’t make sense.

Although NSW Libs f’d up with the Stadiums, should’ve told the NRL to get f’d. It is incomprehensible how over a billion dollars could be spent when they could have easily done the job with maybe 200-250 million.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply and sorry for just picking a small part out, but many attacks on the Liberal Party have come from the right of the political spectrum. Would you describe the Liberal Party being a party of recent years for leftists?

It took a while.

2 Likes

It did but glad he finally committed to it. Was starting to wonder if he would.

Now Abbott contradicts.

This guy is a fucken idiot. So out of touch. He just disagrees with anything for the sake of it and the press coverage

4 Likes

Hanson’s interview on Bolt is a train wreck. Claiming the video was dubbed. Has she heard of syntax? Her sentences are incoherent dribble. She actually doesn’t make any sense at all.

What’s with that fucken tick bite? Looks hideous. She shouldn’t have gone on tv.

Jesus fucking Christ… she just called the New Zealand prime mister Jacinta Ahern.

2 Likes

I think she called her that in a press conference earlier today as well.