Federal Election 2019 - Predictions

My election prediction, Labor to form a Majority Government, they will win between 10 to 12 seats.

1 Like

My tip. As much as I hate to admit it.

Coalition to form a majority government. Just.

… and yes, people really are that fucking stupid.

1 Like

Hope you’re wrong. I still think Labor will win fairly comfortably.

2 Likes

I think Victoria will swing it for Labor; the feeling of frustration at the Coalition hasn’t subsided and is palpable where it really shouldn’t be - Higgins, Kooyong - as well as Deakin and even in parts of Aston. I’d say Hunt is gone from Flinders and Chisholm will swing to Labor too.

I reckon Sturt will be interesting to watch too, and wouldn’t be surprised if Boothby changed. Am hearing Nicolle Flint quite unpopular.

Brisbane may also be one to watch - the city is changing and while there’s wealthy suburbs in that electorate, I’d anticipate similar frustration to Kooyong.

2 Likes

I agree about Brisbane. I also think Labor will do better in Qld generally. Better than 2GB and Sky would like you to think anyway. They try to portray the state as socially conservative but that’s a myth. Look at the marriage equality results across the state and Brisbane had 2 or 3 seats in the top 10 yes votes nationally.

1 Like

Labor, but by a bee’s dick. The Senate is going to be a dumpster fire.

My prediction is Clive Palmer won’t stop airing his ads after the election. Figures by 2022 we will vote for him to make the ads stop.

2 Likes

i think labor by 4 or 5 in the house, but the senate will be a mess - probaly one UAP (i’d rather UAP than lyle shelton) and i predict dutton will be gone but joyce will hang on

1 Like

The fact that I seen John Howard campaigning at Westfield Tuggerah today tells me that they think they are a chance in Dobell. I genuinely think (as I have previously said) that the Libs will win Dobell which is held by Labor with a 4.8% margin.

1 Like

Please tell me this prediction didn’t come true?

This is the sweetest victory of all.

4 Likes

Nobody likes a gloater

2 Likes

If there’s one thing I have learned from this election, is that opinion polls are never to be believed ever again!

8 Likes

And the Liberal Party shouldn’t have trusted them when they axed Malcolm Turnball.

4 Likes

Yes they would have won even more seats if Malcolm was still leader. They didn’t need to look so pathetic with the spill.

Disagree. The instability hurt them in the short term but they were right to turf Turnbull. They wouldn’t have won with him. Scott Morrison got them across the line because he comes across as more relatable. Their success can be put down to voter reaction against climate change hysteria, the likes of Get Up and noisy inner city, champagne sipping elitists who hijack the conversation in the media.

Climate change needs to be addressed but people in the heartland, particularly in Queensland, are more concerned about what it will cost them and their quality of life now.

2 Likes

At the end of the day those wanting Liberal to call an early election were clearly wrong. Waiting it out was the right call for Morrison.

1 Like

I agree.

Yes, I’ll admit that prediction of mine was off the mark (neither the first time that’s ever happened, nor likely to be the last) but I think very few people thought the 2019 Federal Election would go the way it did.

I also think the Labor Party will take their losses both federally and recently in NSW as a learning opportunity: The movement is far from dead, they just need to take the next few years to rebuild with a new leader and fresh ideas.

2 Likes

Creates prediction thread just to mock those who make predictions…

2 Likes

Trolling is an art. :smiley: