Federal Election 2019 - Media Coverage

Agree completely - while each had its own positives and negatives (eg; 10 really got their panel spot on whilst I felt Nine’s coverage was a bit slow and sluggish), I don’t think you can say any of them were particularly bad or ‘unwatchable’

3 Likes

She doesn’t rate on The Project so what makes you think she’d bring in viewers on the election coverage?

Dude. The Project’s ratings are not centered around the anchor. It’s a national f#%^i g newstainment show of mostly recorded packages, not to mention an ensemble. Putting her on election coverage as a duo - where they are on the screen THE WHOLE TIME - alongside someone like Bathie is a slightly different equation.

1. No need to blow a gasket every time someone disagrees with your opinion.
  2. I’m not a dude.

7’s entire broadcast is on their youtube

7 Likes

I’m not blowing a gasket in any way, shape or form.

If you think my phrasing of something as being a “slightly different equation” means I’m blowing a gasket, you need a new definition of gasket. I (deliberately, by the way) phrased it in just about the most gentle terms possible. There’s no personal insult there.

10 News First tonight:

11 Likes

Some caps from Adelaide’s Seven and Nine News last night

8 Likes

I’ve not seen anyone mention the set ABC used from Melbourne, the Insiders set with blue lighting and nighttime backdrop. Thought it looked quite good.

1 Like

Janice Peterson and Brett Mason live from Canberra tonight.

4 Likes

Seven News Melbourne tonight:

and Nine News Sydney:

8 Likes

Could someone upload on YouTube at least the last 30 minutes of 10’s coverage please? (11.55pm-12.21am) this includes Scott Morrison’s speech.

1 Like

Random question. Does anyone have a .ts raw copy of last night’s coverage by 10, 7 and SBS?

1 Like

SBS World News from Parliament House:

3 Likes

SBS News using the Foundation Stone of Canberra as a bench for their crap is appalling.

5 Likes

Some ABC caps from last night. By far the best graphics out of all the networks. So professional and clean and free of all the clutter.

Antony Green’s touch screen:

Full screen graphics:

The foyer/lobby set:

13 Likes

As I said last night, looks very dark. To the guy who said “What?”, that’s what I’m talking about.

1 Like

ABC News NSW from tonight:

3 Likes

I was just wondering about the very short ABC News ident that plays before the shot date animation thing; is it technically part of the intro? I just watched the iView bulletin and it included it.

1 Like

5 Likes