Federal Election 2019 - Media Coverage

Nine will run a similar schedule to Seven except for a 1 hour news block and a more optimistic finish time of 10:30pm.

After Studio 10, 10 News First coverage commences with the usual one-hour 5pm bulletin.

1 Like

Good to see Tens coverage branded through news rather than the project. I’d like to think they do some big promos in the next two weeks. Saturate prime time with ads for it. But we know they won’t.

7 Likes

Will 7 be running AFL commitments on the main channel in the AFL markets?

No: all markets have main channel coverage of election.

1 Like

Interesting… they’ll get a multi channel boost in those AFL cities.

1 Like

Anything from SBS?

SBS:

06:30pm SBS World News

and later

10:10 pm - 11:30 pm SBS World News 2019 - Federal Election

5 Likes

Lawyers for Mr Palmer will today call on the court to ban the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) from revealing preference results before all polls have closed.

That would mean only basic first preference votes could be publicised before 9:30pm AEST - when the last polling booths closed in the Cocos Islands.

Mr Palmer’s case takes aim at the AEC’s Two Candidate Preferred (TCP) counting practice. In the lead up to each poll the AEC identifies the two most likely candidates for each electorate. It then names them on election night as preferences are distributed ahead of the formal distribution of preferences well after the poll. This is done to give an accurate early indication of the result.

Mr Palmer’s lawyers will argue that publishing those preference results from polling stations on Australia’s east coast on election night risked influencing voters in Western Australia and beyond who might not have voted yet.

Third leaders debate has been agreed to at the National Press Club on Wednesday night. I’m sure Sky News & ABC will show this, but it will be interesting to see whether 7, 9 & 10 do. Could be on their multi channels like 2013 & 2016, however I doubt it’ll make it onto their main channel like 2010, which actually rated really well.

1 Like

On 7.30 tonight Leigh Sales interview with Scott Morrison.

Scott Morrison will not appear on Q&A during this election campaign.

Reckon Nine might put it on the main channel considering they were going to do that had they hosted this debate. However, if Seven and/or 10 decide to air it - it’ll be on a multichannel so it doesn’t interfere with House Rules/Masterchef scheduling

2 Likes

damn. i can’t remember the last time 10 did something like this for a federal election. normally they play a movie and are are refuge for those not politically minded. if this another change from the guys at CBS colour me happy

1 Like

Pleased to see 10 returning to election coverage. 10 has some excellent talent in its ranks. Time to let them shine.

6 Likes

Nine isn’t taking the debate. They will continue with normal programming.

1 Like

I hope there is video.

3 Likes

There was a Treasurers debate at the National Press Club in Canberra this afternoon, between Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenburg and Shadow Treasurer Chris Bowen. It’s now available on iView.

1 Like

Just found this tweet posted 1 hr ago.

‘Shouty Scott’: Sales clashes with PM

2 Likes