Federal Election 2019 - Media Coverage

He hid his views a bit better back in 2007, he is way too obviously partisan to contribute to election coverage in this day and age (same reason you would never see Paul Bongiorno return to 10 for election coverage).

2 Likes

Leigh Sales will have a one-on-one interview with Bill Shorten on 7.30 tonight.

Thanks for the warning. :wink:

3 Likes

Sky are more extreme at the moment. All their hosts are frothing at the mouth. It’s really bizarre stuff. Comical really.

7 were going for a point of difference with a lighter election coverage which explained Kochie & Mel hosting as well as Andrew. As a response, 9 added Charles Firth, a Chaser, to their lineup.

2 Likes

For somebody that hates Sky News so much, you seem to watch it so much. I’m sure they’re glad to have your viewership!

People were split on the interview based on comments I saw on Twitter. Some said Leigh Sales did a great job, some said they were impressed with Shorten’s answers but Leigh’s questions were lame.

I think Bill got better as the interview progressed. He was really shaky at first and didn’t seem to know what he was saying, but by the end I was pretty impressed.

1 Like

I did watched 7’s coverage in 2007 with Koch and Doyle co-hosting. Both Mel and Kochie also hosted 2010

3 Likes

Another usual night on Sky then?

A consistent facet of hers.

He never starts well, then again, you don’t often see the start of his pressers, that’s usually where the clangers come from.

There’s a live prime time debate from the national press club next Wednesday night. This will be a clean feed for all networks to carry should they wish.

3 Likes

That piece of glass ten paid to install at queenscliff surf club getting some use as the backdrop for the sky news warringah debate. The debate reinforcing why tony Abbott is such a smug little turd. He’s awful.

3 Likes

Warringah Debate

3 Likes

9 News promo (a hint at the new look Election package):

A very nice panel, IMO. All tolerable politians too.

7 Likes

Not a very exciting promo! As for the ‘very nice’ panel :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: and Ross Greenwood :roll_eyes:

Also must be the first time since 2007 that Peter Costello has not been part of Nines coverage.

As for Ten, if they want any hope of at least 5 people watching, they may want to start advertising it!

5 Likes

The leaders debate on Sky News tonight was better than what 7 did on Monday night

2 Likes

It helps that it’s a format they’re used to doing

1 Like

Seven’s coverage on 18 May will start at 5pm AEST live into all areas on the main channel.

It will run until 11pm AEST. Each market will break for a 30 minute news bulletin at 6pm local time.

7 Likes

ABC News channel and Sky News will broadcast live Labor’s official campaign launch at Brisbane today.

10’s Election coverage is live around the country beginning with Studio10 at 3pm. 10 News First runs from 5pm to 11pm.

6 Likes