Federal Election 2019 - Media Coverage

From what I understand, there will be around 70 undecided voters in the ‘audience’ of this debate. They aren’t going to fit in the news studio. Does anyone know where this will be held?

1 Like

Replay at 9.45pm on 7.

1 Like

Here we can have the debates organised by the National Press Club, for example.

1 Like
5 Likes

Sky News will host a debate at the Sydney seat of Warringah between sitting MP (and former Prime Minister) Tony Abbott and candidate (and former champion skier) Zali Steggall this Thursday, May 2, at 4.30pm AEST, live from Manly. David Speers will also moderate the debate.

Scott Morrison has called for the third election debate to be moderated by ABC journalist Leigh Sales and held in the evening of May 7, 8 or 9.

3 Likes

Didn’t realize I’m going to be watching a boxing title fight tonight! Wonder how many rounds it’ll go for…

3 Likes

The below clip shows a bit of what the Perth studio will look like for tonight’s event (it also provides a good look at what it’s like without all the virtual elements we see on screen):

3 Likes

Community TV also doing coverage on election night:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I always suspected he was a robot.

2 Likes

Our green studio

2 Likes

Tamara Oudyn, Richard Willingham and Ben Knight are reporting from Pakenham railway station in Melbourne’s outer south-east for this evening’s ABC News Victoria. Pakenham is in the crucial marginal Liberal seat of La Trobe.

1 Like

Why is it being held in Perth anyway?

The leaders have a minute to answer the questions … and Mark Riley’s first question for Scott Morrison dragged on for about a minute.

The picture quality on 7TWO via Prime7 Canberra is crap. The 7TWO livestream on the 7Plus app on the Fetch box is very slightly better.

1 Like

4 Likes

Why not in Perth we are part of Australia :rage::rage:

5 Likes

All I can think about is how much better it would look from STW9’s studio!

1 Like

Don’t like the decision to give the leaders head on camera angles. The two of them keep staring down the barrel delivering a soundbite pitch to the viewers.

Would rather have seen them do a quasi ‘Question Time’ set up. The two leaders with a desk in between, and they get up and have a go directly at their opponents head on.

Way more entertaining than an hour of spruiking.

4 Likes

Perth has several seats that will be crucial to the election result.

3 Likes