Federal Budget 2021

Leigh Sales and David Speers is a first class combination on ABC.

Speers should have a broader title though - he’s much more than just the host of Insiders - he should be introduced as an ‘ABC Political Anchor’ or something like that.

1 Like

Was this from an update? Didn’t think The Latest was on until after 10.

Hosting Insiders is Speers’ main role though. Aside from that, he appears as a guest on a few programs each week (eg; News Breakfast and Afternoon Briefing) and contributes to the ABC’s coverage for big political events such as the budget and state election nights. At this time, he doesn’t do other political anchoring to have a ‘political anchor’ title

The ABC’s coverage has been excellent tonight. And really well produced.

Would just like to see banners across the bottom with topics etc. on the news channel their is a flipper and clock at least.

1 Like

Probyn as Political Editor might have something to say. Maybe chief political analyst to keep him a bit seperate from the daily churn of reporting that Probyn and others do

1 Like

Political Editor and Political Anchor could clearly be 2 very separate roles.

But I agree about Speers, wonder what role he’ll take on Election Night.

1 Like

Speers and Sales cohosting would be awesome.

Combined with Rowland and Crabb along with Green at the board would be great.

Tingal and Probyn are awkward tv talent. They have a place for sure with their news and analysis, but they’re not as good as the others as TV presenters.

Yes an update - though more of a promo.

Later this:

2 Likes

Another update/promo

at 10:10 pm

3 Likes

Another Nine update.

3 Likes

10:35 pm

8 Likes

What time did Ten’s bulletin time start at?

I like the way she won’t let them do the classic diverting away from the question, she did a good job when Josh started to waffle on about being in the black and labor blah blah blah

1 Like

Closer to 10:45 rather than the advertised 10:30, I think (at least on WIN, who for once didn’t have mappy).

Also, what is with that chair Narelda is using… looks like its straight from the kitchen. Just stand…

2 Likes

I see TV Cynic has posted 10:35

11:05 pm

5 Likes

What time did 10’s bulletin finish at? @TV.Cynic

Approx 10:55 pm

1 Like

Bulletin went just over 18 minutes.

1 Like

Nice to see Scott Phillips join Peter in the studio for once.