Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

McCafe has changed their muffins - the new ones are very bad and a dollar more expensive

What are some of the not typical fast food / takeaway places that people regularly eat from?

As I’m pretty health conscious I’ve become obsessed with Foxes Den. They have 4 stores in Melbourne (Elwood, Richmond, Port Melb and my local Malvern) and it’s typically a chicken and salad place. I’m not usually a salad person but they have the most delicious salads, and the moroccon spiced chicken is so good.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Japanese curry and I’m always happy with Kadoya in Brisbane City. :grinning:

I’ve been to Rice Workshop in Melbourne CBD (both Chinatown and Emporium) and Fountain Gate and the food combo is very good. At Emporium I have also tried burgers from Charlie & Co and made-to-order fish and chips.
Speaking of McCafe, I saw ads on LED banners during Seven’s AFL telecast from Etihad Stadium on Sunday. McCafe doesn’t advertise very often.

Cone Heads, in Melbourne’s Elizabeth Street. Been a few times, meaning to go back next time I’m in that side of the CBD.

Id say that’s due to their new coffee they are using. I’m seeing that everywhere at the moment.

Sarpino’s Pizza in the Carillon City arcade is my place!!

On the topic of Melbourne fast food, I tried the much vaunted Royale Bros. burgers in Brighton on my trip a month ago, not bad. I prefer an Aussie style hamburger though, and Pauls of Sylvania (Sydney) is hard to beat.

A McDonalds in America (which is about to open) will serve all you can eat fries. http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/04/19/06/42/new-mcdonalds-in-missouri-to-offer-all-you-can-eat-fries

My local McDonald’s (at the corner of Springvale and High Street Roads in Glen Waverley) has been closed since Sunday with little notice, with fences around the site and a site office set up today. I have posted questions on McDonald’s Facebook and Twitter page but I haven’t got a reply. I wonder what’s going on? Will it be redeveloped or demolished? It is the second oldest (and surviving) McDonald’s store in Australia and it will be sad if it shuts in this way.

1 Like

Happened to pass by that area the other day and saw some people on the roof.

Next time you’re down this way then you should check out Andrews hamburgers in Middle Park, very good and more on the traditional aussie side of things.

YES, YES, YES FOXES DEN IS INCREDIBLE!
Try the African Curry and the chicken meatballs as well both delish.

Just got a tweet from McDonald’s regarding the Glen Waverley store…

Hi Johnson, renovations are currently underway. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Phew. I’ll be able to sleep tonight then.

8 Likes

A Carl’s Jr. is opening tomorrow in the domestic terminal at Brisbane Airport. I had it in New Zealand, and it was alright. :joy:

1 Like

Saw a new TV ad tonight about KFC’s new Kentucky pulled pork burger. Looks like KFC is trying to diversify and sell more than chicken.

They had a fish burger in Tasmania during the whole black zinger time, did they have that anywhere else? I was disappointed, I wanted to try the black zinger!

Im waiting for the duck burger - isnt that why KFC were using Plucka earlier this year?

1 Like

Kentucky Ducky!