Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I think I will make a trip down to Bateau Bay to try out Carl’s Jr when it opens. Their burgers look very nice in the promos and everything I’ve seen so far (but then they always do, don’t they!).

You can now get a free small fries and drink when you purchase a Big Mac at McDonalds. Don’t find the burger particularly tasty.

Same deal when you buy a six pack of nuggets

Speaking of nuggets…I was considering getting the KFC 24 nuggets for $10 deal for dinner last night (had a long day) - for some reason, I ended up getting the BLT box.

How good are kebabs? :smile:

I’m a mixed kebab kind of guy, with all the addons and garlic sauce. Go hard or go home! :thumbsup:

Can I ask a stupid question - how much do people usually pay for a kebab? They always just feel to me a bit expensive for what I get - I’d rather grab a box of noodles or fried rice from a Chinese place and make something kebabish at home another night.

Unless I’ve just not found the right places?

Totally on board with mixed.

Normally I pay like $9.50 for a chicken kebab with lettuce and onion (price goes up to around $11.50 for the lot). You’re not wrong in saying it’s expensive but they’re really nice and loaded with stuff.

The price of another shout I’d suggest.

People are crazy. :rabbit:

Carl’s Jr opening: US burger giant swamped with fans at Bateau Bay store
AMERICAN burger giant Carl’s Jr has been swamped with customers at the opening of its first store Down Under. With the added enticement of free food for the first 50 punters, some customers queued for up to two days for the opening of the Bateau Bay store on the Central Coast.
The Daily Telegraph

Heh heh. Second in line and all I had to do was skip eight days of work!

With the money you would’ve made working, you could’ve bought a burger from a scalper.

1 Like

I’ve been in Japan the last few weeks and had these. Nothing special, literally a medium/regular serve of fries in a box, provided with a squeeze (like tomato sauce) sachet of milk and white chocolate sauce. It wasn’t bad but possibly the most expensive Maccas fries I’ve had on my life (about $4.50).

They have a fantastic McChicken variant though on their value menu (¥200, or $2.40) though that I’ve had several of.

I think in most places the McChicken is on par cost wise with a Cheeseburger, rather than the more “premium” burger it ends up being here.

Hungry Jack’s announced this week that its beef patties would have “no added hormones” (i.e. the beef patties will not contain artificially added hormones). I don’t think it will change the taste of the burgers or how often I will visit the store.

So it’ll have hormones… Just none added by hjs.

Confession time: I think HJs is better than maccas.

3 Likes

Yeah…personally I prefer McDonalds over Hungry Jacks although I personally don’t eat fast food all that often in any case and whenever I do, I’ll often go for a chicken burger over a beef one anyway.

Like Johnson, I don’t think the whole “no added hormones” thing with the HJ’s beef patties is likely to change how often I’ll eat food from there.

2 Likes

Hungry Jack’s is disgusting

4 Likes

McDonalds has been better then HJs as soon as they phased out the holding bins (shuddering at the thought of dried up half hour old burgers) and introduced Made for You.

HJs is too addicted to microwaving everything to death.

1 Like

Pretty sure HJ’s removed microwaves a while ago.