Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Diet Coke has a shit aftertaste like most sweetened drinks. Coke No Sugar doesn’t.

1 Like

My favourite too… real Coke (which I used to love) tastes a bit syrupy to me now.

I actually prefer Coke no sugar over Pepsi max these days.

I drink both.

I can’t remember the last time I had a standard coke cola.

1 Like

idk, I’ve just never got into Coke Zero drinks - they have this different taste about them that just turns me off

Pepsi Max is good though, but I do prefer Coke Classic.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I would prefer the taste… it’s just the sugar intake in a standard coke is my (and most peoples) concern.

2 Likes

I don’t drink coke but I do drink Fanta or Sprite and I wish MacDonalds and other stores would make the zero sugar varieties of Sprite and Fanta more accessible and not just coke.

1 Like

They taste like shit though

2 Likes

im gonna be controversial here, but you dont go to maccas to be healthy

3 Likes

I see a few former Pasta Cup outlets in Perth have broken away and established their own independent brands.

Pasta Hub in Wattle Grove and Jindalee

Mi Amore Pasta in Alexander Heights, Cloverdale, Palmyra.

The franchising agreements must have been terrible at Pasta Cup.

A similar thing happened a few years ago with some Little Caesar’s Pizza stores having a dispute with founder Theo Kalogeracos before breaking away to become Little C’s Pizza. The original Little Caesar’s in Mundaring and Theo And Co Pizza later shut down.

1 Like

I’m more concerned that @MelbTV knows what cat piss tastes like

5 Likes

After drinking Diet Coke for 30-odd years and also having tried Coke No Sugar - I beg to differ.
Also, I don’t mind a Frozen Coke occasionally but the No Sugar version - nope, bad taste :confounded:

I agree. I had to stop drinking actual Coke when I was a teenager and got used to Diet Coke. I hate the taste of Coke No Sugar and Coke Zero. They do leave a nasty aftertaste.

I was surprised when I was in Perth mid last year that many places didn’t have Diet Coke anymore. It annoyed me that they would offer No Sugar as an alternative because it’s not even close to the same.

Thankfully this isn’t happening in the US. Not yet anyway. Diet Coke is still everywhere here and I hope that doesn’t change any time soon.

2 Likes

Better Call Saul!

I used to think this as well about Coke Zero when it was around. Much preferred Diet Coke over Coke Zero.

1 Like

Coke No Sugar doesn’t leave an aftertaste, Zero and Diet does

4 Likes

Ive been to the Brisbane store and honestly its too sickly sweet - i can only eat one before i’m done and its not somehing i go back to daily, or even weekly. i’ll buy one every 6 or so months

I first tried Diet Coke when I was about 10 and it was gross. Could never drink it. Fast forward to now I since tried Coke no sugar and it was fine.

2 Likes

Different for each person. For me I can’t stand Zero and No Sugar since they are designed to taste like actual Coke and for me they do have nasty aftertastes.

For me Diet Coke tastes better and doesn’t leave anything, at least not that I notice. It was always obvious to me when someone would give me the wrong one, meaning Coke instead of Diet Coke. I could taste it straight away. Always gave it back and asked them to give me Diet.

It’s great they had variety for so long. Everyone got what they wanted. Getting rid of one sucks. I’m just glad this doesn’t affect me yet and there are enough generic brands around (at least in the US) which will hopefully keep going if Coke tries this here.

1 Like