Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Well, maybe give the fast food a miss since it’s generally high in fat, sugar and salt to try and make it taste good.

In other KFC news, on Wednesday my local KFC increased frozen drinks by 50c to $1.50. This is the third in 3 months (Maccas and 7/11 increased it to $2 and $1.50) and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hungry Jacks follows soon. Not a good year for frozen drinks.

1 Like

PLEASE!!

1 Like

Maccas and 7Eleven still offer the existing prices on the app, for now.

They already have.

Considering how long frozen drinks were at $1, the increase really isn’t all that unreasonable or even out of step with inflation, particularly with most jurisdictions banning single use plastic.

It’s well known that Tasmania is KFC’s test market in Australia, has been for decades.
I suspect they’ll pop up nationally pretty soon.

Clearly changes inspired by the fast food chicken sandwich trend over in the US, where pickles are mandatory.

As for KFC in general, I find they’re going through limited time only promos way too fast this year - sometimes barely 2 weeks for some items!

1 Like

I saw a sign the other day in front of the ruins of Red Rooster in Mornington. It said ‘COMING SOON! NOODLE BOX’.

1 Like

I refuse to eat KFC until the Tower burger returns to the menu

2 Likes

The local greasy spoon here in Bungendore does a ‘Tasty Tower’ which is pretty similar…chicken, bacon, potato scallop/cake, lettuce, tomato and chipotle mayo. I’ve had it once and struggled to finish it…I don’t think I’ve even had the Dirty Bird version!

1 Like

I can’t give up the fried chicken. It has always played a part in my life.

In my youth, I could shove my face into a 15 piece bucket and when I pulled out there was only bones left.

My first job was at an aquarium in Rockdale, I spent my first hard earned money on a two piece and chips meal deal at Sans Souci KFC! So good

Now that I am older and healthier I buy three pieces of KFC and enjoy it with a green goddess salad from Woolworths every Wednesday night. Not that I am stuck in my ways………I am willing to change this in the next decade if a better Wednesday night alternative arises.

1 Like

Browns plains is dine in - it s a suburb of brisbane

1 Like

We have one in New Town Tasmania which is a suburb of Hobart

2 Likes

I was on the bus yesterday and went past a McDonald’s and saw a McDonald’s produce truck leaving after a delivery. I only note this because I have never seen such a truck before and I just found it kind of weird.

I was shopping at Burwood One shopping centre in Melbourne’s east today, and saw this hoarding near Kmart’s main entrance. A Google search shows that Marrybrown, a Malaysian halal fast food chain, is opening its first Australian store at the location. It sells burgers, fried chicken, rice dishes and curries.

5 Likes

Jollibee, McDonalds and Papparich all in one by the looks of that!

I visited a McDonalds store(Ferntree Gully, Vic) last week and there was a truck making a delivery of produce in the carpark.
Must of been in the right place at the right time.

I guess, Though I have been on that bus at the same time on the same day before and never seen one before. I guess I just lucked out.

McDonald’s has revealed it will no longer sell Diet Coke at its restaurants from next Wednesday, January 11.

1 Like

Tbh Diet Coke does taste like cat piss

3 Likes

Coke Classic will always beat all other Coke variants.

1 Like

Always wondered who drinks this?

Coke Zero (sorry Coke No Sugar) seems to be the big uptake these days.

3 Likes