Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Eastern Creek just moved a lot further west…now to add some quokkas to the area around Prospect Reservoir.

1 Like

Well, at some point after taking that photo, the day finally came. The last remaining 1990s and 2000s signage has been removed:

Goodnight, sweet prince. :pensive:

4 Likes

I’d love to know what whichever marketing firm they hired were thinking when they created that non-logo. AND how much they were paid.

It’s so abstract and minimalist it’s lost all meaning.

I actually like the logo, but they didn’t rebrand all that long ago, seems like a waste.

Hopefully they chose a different contractor this time around for signage, all the old signage faded so badly in only a matter of a few years.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the logo. I think it’s quite clever how the two Rs depict the face of a Rooster. Not sure if the typeface pairs well though.

7 Likes
1 Like

So why do these companies stay in business when they are bleeding so much money? Where do they get the money? Are banks stupidly funding them when they are only going backwards?

1 Like

Rideshare and food delivery is largely funded by venture capitalists, who were convinced that self driving vehicles / robots / drones were just around the corner and would make all these services massively profitable.

So far that’s not the case and the likes of Uber and others continue to burn hundreds of millions, if not billions of cash a year.

3 Likes

I find it hard to believe that Uber Eats isn’t profitable with the amount they charge merchants. 30 percent on top plus the surcharge and delivery fees. Plus the fees for being a sponsored restaurant.

3 Likes

Deliveroo had the same fee structure and as reported above, losses were over a hundred million in Australia alone.

Uber has booked almost $20bn in losses across the entire company since 2019.

3 Likes

Apparently, KFC just opened up in Moss Vale and let me describe the Drive Thru, carpark and entrance as being a bit car unfriendly. To get into the carpark you have to go in via the petrol station and make a left at the end and the drive thru is narrow and carpark is small.

3 Likes

Starbucks are doing this of late. At least here in Melbourne. DT’s that snake through the car park, making it almost impossible to get a park. And you have to wait for the DT to move to get in and out. The DT’s also often spill out all over the main roads into the stores too.

1 Like

These companies have also not been prepared for the cost of operating in Australia and our IR laws are quite prescriptive, unlike other markets they operate in. Once participants were deemed to be effectively staff rather than contractors it made their business models really hard to stack up here.

1 Like

Agreed. Although interestingly the two RR’s are also a chooks face.

1 Like

The Australian Financial Review reported in the Christmas edition (which went on sale yesterday) that Macquarie Group issued a directive to its investment bankers to avoid taking clients to Mimi’s restaurant in Coogee in Sydney, due to how expensive the meals are and its distance from the city.

Apologies if things have been mentioned previously but I don’t venture into this thread too often as it can be quite dangerous for me but I’m here today because I’m lamenting. My Christmas wish didn’t come true.

KFC still haven’t read the messages and brought back the Original Fillet Burgers to Tasmania. For some reason with no warning at all they took all of the original fillets and replaced them with the Famous series - which looks all fancy and has pickles and brioche buns but tastes completely bland and if you do get a taste, it’s terrible.

Have any other regions got them yet? I was surprised there wasn’t more outrage about the change in the media but then found it seemed to be a Tasmania only trial (geez, I hope it’s only a trial) and has been going for several months now. I used to quite enjoy a bit of dirty bird but this has really put me off and for some reason the tastes of other products that used to be good have changed too. I don’t think it’s just the change from the lettuce to the cabbage type mix as when that happened it wasn’t too bad.

I used to go every couple of weeks but now I think I’ve only been twice in the past few months, one to go “what the hell is this” and two to go “surely, it was just a once off and it’s not that bad.” Facebook reviews on their ads for it down here aren’t favourable either. I haven’t been this sad with the Colonel since they took away the Works burger before bringing it back as the Classic Works and then finally killing it completely :frowning:

The Famous Burger:

The Original Recipe Fillet Burger:

5 Likes

Why is that?

Also, id LOVE a KFC burger with pickles - yummo.

1 Like

Because I’m already way too obese and I’m a stress/comfort eater!

I too was intrigued when I saw about the pickles and thought they’d be good, but I was wrong. Maybe if it was the original one just with added pickles it would be good but the chicken is different and doesn’t taste anywhere near as good, the bun is terrible, pretty sure they mayo is different too. If they introduced it as a new option that’d be fine but when they’ve taken all the old stuff away with no ability to change your orders back to it, it sucks.

2 Likes

I kinda figured this would be so they can backtrack on ‘fillet’ and substitute lesser chicken or a formed patty to reduce costs - but supposedly the ‘famous’ is still supposed to be a fillet.

I’m surprised they’d try and make pickles a default - given how many people vocally dislike them on McDonalds burgers.

1 Like

I’d be happy to send you all the pickles I take out of my burgers - it’s the first thing I do!

6 Likes