Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

How could this happen?

People had sex at Maccas left condom on the floor. Not seen by staff when cleaning. I’ve witnessed people having sex in public, a busy Maccas wouldn’t be that hard to get away with. Other option is a bit of a joke. In my misspent youth it was not unusual to muck around with a franga for a joke and not it’s intended purpose.

Another article I saw spoke that this could be a possibility as a bunch of teenage girls had been doing it around Perth a few years ago, filling condoms with soft serve and letting it melt and then leaving it around on the chairs or tables where little kids can pick them up.

An absolutely disgusting and cruel prank when this sort of thing happens, I can only hope for the parents and the kid that this was a prank and it wasn’t the real thing and the kid will be ok, hopefully a little more cautious in the future but when dealing with kids that young, they’re impossible to teach those sort of life lessons too.

4 Likes

I feel really sorry for the little girl and their parents, I also hope it’s only a prank and the kid will be OK.

The McVeggie burger will be trialled in South Australia before it goes on sale nationwide.
If you live in SA, head down to your local Maccas and try the McVeggie, and let us know what you think.

Why don’t you just order it without them? Lol

Can’t do that with the new self serve kiosks as far as I know.

On the Maccas kiosks you can hit customise on the burger screen and you can subtract ingredients and add selected others.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that next time I’m there.

No worries. I haven’t been to Maccas for a while so I can’t remember exactly which screen it’s on, but there’s definitely a customise button at some stage of the process, either as you add or after you’ve added the burger or meal to your order.

Yes, I customise it to add extra pickles :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also do it on the app!

2 Likes

National bakery chain Michel’s Patisserie faces a food safety investigation after deliberately selling batches of chocolate cakes, birthday cakes and edible decorations to customers months after their use-by date.

In a series of memos, obtained by The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald , the chain’s owner, Retail Food Group (RFG), instructed Michel’s franchisees to ignore expiry dates on packaging and adopt a new shelf-life extension date, ranging between two and six months.

Sounds like the HJ’s veggie patty. Also love how news.com.au are suggesting something deep fried from Maccas is healthy!

You’d think retail food group would be a bit more careful when it comes to doing anything at all questionable considering the microscope they’ve been under in the last year or two. Idiots.

4 Likes

I’m at Carillon City food court for the first time since I was a kid. Can’t believe how small it is. I remember it being a spectacle. Just shows how much things change as you get older.

1 Like

I remember being in the food court at Tuggeranong Hyperdome on Australia Day 2003 and thought it was massive at the time. Then I went back the other week and it’s a pretty small food court, actually.

2 Likes

I took my mother to vote at the primary school I went to as a child a few elections ago. Nothing much had changed since I was last there in the early 1980s but everything seemed to have shrunk. It was the oddest feeling to be in a space that was so familiar and holds happy memories for me but with the perspective of an adult.

4 Likes

What do you think of the name South.Point?

It’s the Hyperdome, goddammit.