Family Feud

They might air it in an 8:30 timeslot. Mondays and Wednesday still don’t have anything really noteworthy yet. I know Have You Been Paying Attention is coming soon and will take up the slot of Mondays. So perhaps they could move it to 8:30 Wednesday and remove the awful Madam Secretary.

1 Like

The current seasons of Madam Secretary and The Good Wife will finish in May, Ten may wait for their Wednesday slots to be vacant before showing any remaining episodes of All Star Family Feud.

On another note, they filmed a HYBPA episode on Monday as well, not sure who they were up against though.

I still reckon they should air the All Star FF versions Sunday’s 6-7pm with maybe a single episode of modern family at 7:00pm leading into Masterchef.

1 Like

They could just move them to 9:30 and 10:30 respectively…

In a normal world, All Star Family Feud would have been axed by now due to low ratings and future episodes burnt off in late timeslot or multichannel

2 Likes

How are they low? They are decent enough. The figures are edging towards 600k. To be precise, 580,333k. They’ve only had one bad one and that is about it

Where is your “normal world”? Good luck finding it. :laughing:

Under 1m is low.

Sadly doesn’t exist anymore :frowning:

When was the last time a low rating 7.30pm main channel primetime show was axed? They don’t even get moved to multichannels /late night anymore. The latest is 8.30pm/9.30pm.

It happens all the time. Mesmerised was dumped and never returned.

Why are you so eager to axe shows? They’ve spent money making them and they have to play them rather than waste them completely. What’s the alternative? A revolving door of low rating shows and a pile of unscreened programs?

2 Likes

You got me. :slightly_smiling: Although it was Thursday night.

Underperforming shows should be axed. Schedule something else that people might like. But these days the excuse seems to be “we have nothing else”.

Seven did the right thing in dumping that show. It rated 411,000

[quote=“Sifon, post:50, topic:917”]
Underperforming shows should be axed. Schedule something else that people might like. But these days the excuse seems to be “we have nothing else”.[/quote]
That wasn’t always the case. Networks in the past gave shows a chance to find their legs and grow into hits.

Blue Heelers is a perfect example. The first year it rated abysmally. Third in its timeslot and in danger of being axed. Seven believed in it and persisted. They gave it a later slot the next year and it grew and then boomed into a smash hit where it was the number one show for about five years and lasted for about 13 seasons.

That almost never happens now. If a show slips, it gets bumped or dumped.

Is Have You Been Paying Attention? one of them @JBar

That certainly was a recent one that really struggled at first and a timeslot change and tweaks certainly helped it become a decent hit.

The Living Room v Have You Been Paying Attention team airs next Wednesday

Speak of the Devil. :stuck_out_tongue:

All Star episode tonight The Living Room v Have You Been Paying Attention was really funny.

Tonight was the season finale apparently. So I am not sure what the go is there.

How many channels is Family Feud being aired on? Do they count them in their total ratings- because that is cheating IMO.

Three, four if you want to be technically correct and count Ten HD.

Of course, I completely agree that Ten should discontinue the multichannel simulcast of Family Feud. The show has been on the air for close to two years now, so obviously it hasn’t completely tanked in the ratings and probably could (or at least should) stand on it’s own two feet by now.

1 Like

I think it has to do with the fact that advertisers weren’t spending much money in the 6pm timeslot for the multichannels. So basically weren’t making any money in that timeslot anyway. So it is kind of understandable from a business perspective. Not great for the viewers though.