Eurovision Song Contest

Well that’s good. A small audience is better than no audience I just hope that all of the artists are able to compete in Netherlands so it’s a level playing field.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

You’ve missed the point.

I was distinguishing between actually hating the song and being labelled a “hater”.

A hater is defined as a ‘negative or critical person’. It’s possible to hate the song but not be a hater.

I agree Guys was my favourite too.

I liked the others. But this one for me is by far the worst.

1 Like

I found this article a nice trip down memory lane, and an interesting analysis of Eurovision betting odds over the last 14 years.

Nobody called anyone a hater though, so I’m not sure why you are going on about it.

Hilarious :rofl:

3 Likes

I know what date it is…but actually why not? This is the year to make it happen for Australia.

3 Likes

Australia not on the list of participants yet. However, the rules state:

• Should they decide to participate, the Australian delegation will be given special dispensation to submit a Summertime banger.

Not sure if some of the other rules will apply to any Australian entry such as

• Participants must wear skis, skates or ice grips, and must not be barefoot.

• No animals allowed on stage intentionally, however, if reindeer, brown bears or wolves are particularly entranced by specific entries and wander on to set, Wintervision producers will not intervene with nature.

The Wintervision Reference Group will fine tune the regulations in the coming months.

More details will be revealed on the long, cold Wintervision journey between December 2022 and today… April 1st.

https://twitter.com/Eurovision/status/1377501617537306626?s=20

April Fools?

Yes. TV Tonight said Eurovision will be held in Australia instead of Rotterdam

Under the fieldlab format, everyone entering must have a negative result of a COVID-19 test, either a PcR test or a rapid test. After the event concludes, they will be again undergo a COVID-19 test.

3 Likes

That’s good there will be some crowds.

3 Likes

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision

Top 4 in the betting odds are Malta, France, Switzerland, and Italy.

Australia still languishing at 279/1, behind the UK.

I’ve heard the UK song played on BBC radio over the last week or so and I actually quite like it. Very catchy. Of course it won’t do well because the Europeans won’t vote for UK no matter how good it is.

1 Like

BBC have announced that Graham Norton will be travelling to Rotterdam to call the Grand Final.

Graham Norton will return for the Grand Final on BBC One, produced by BBC Studios, where he will be commentating live from Rotterdam. While Ken Bruce will continue his long-running coverage over on BBC Radio 2.

Grammy-nominated singer songwriter and presenter, Chelcee Grimes will be joining Rylan Clark-Neal and Scott Mills for the semi-finals live on BBC Four. Presenting live from London, they will oversee proceedings as 33 countries compete for their place in the Grand Final. The semi-finals will air on 18 and 20 May on BBC Four, with UK viewers able to vote in the second semi-final on 20 May.

Graham Norton returns for his 12th Eurovision Song Contest on BBC One. After commentating last year on Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light, he will return to his coveted post for this year’s live Grand Final.

Actress and singer, Amanda Holden will be taking the reins of the Eurovision Spokesperson, where she will be delivering the results of the UK professional jury vote live from London. She follows in the illustrious footsteps of Nigella Lawson, Mel Giedroyc, Richard Osman, Alex Jones, Cheryl Baker, Katrina Leskanich from Katrina & The Waves, and Lorraine Kelly.

The last Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final to be broadcast on BBC One in 2019 was the most watched music programme on the BBC that year and it was the most popular music TV show of the year amongst 16-34s.

Multi-platinum selling, Brit award-winning and Grammy nominated singer-songwriter James Newman will be representing the UK with his single Embers, released by BMG after the renewed collaboration with BBC Studios for the contest.

This year the Eurovision Song Contest will be broadcast live from Rotterdam, after the competition was cancelled in 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The 65th Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The Semi Finals will be broadcast on 18 and 20 May on BBC Four. The Grand Final will be broadcast on 22 May on BBC One and also on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds.

I still miss Wogan. I’m really not a Norton fan at all.

What is the live-on-tape performance?
All the participating broadcasters have been asked to record a live performance of their act in their own country. This recording will be delivered prior to the event and will take place in a studio setting. The recording will take place in real time (as it would be at the Contest) without making any edits to the vocals or any part of the performance itself after the recording.

1 Like

Not surprising I guess. It would be disappointing for her though.

3 Likes

Montaigne also posted on social media.