Eurovision Song Contest

1 Like

Tania Doko, Alfie Arcuri and Ella Hooper are the final three singers to compete on the Gold Coast next month to be the artist representing Australia at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.

I really like these choices. It’s good to see some artists that we havn’t heard much from in a while giving it a go. I also think that Alfie has the very Eurovision look and feel about hm. He could do well.

3 Likes

The ten acts who will compete on Eurovision: Australia Decides next month are:
Alfie Arcuri
Kate Miller-Heidke
Ella Hooper
Courtney Act
Tanya Doko
Mark Vincent
Sheppard
Electric Fields
Aydan Calafiore
Leea Nanos

With the full line up for our national final now released, Australia has jumped to 3rd favourite to win in the betting odds just behind Russia and Sweden.

Eurovision - Australia Decides

Saturday 9 February at 7.30pm LIVE EST

Eurovision - Australia Decides will be hosted on the Gold Coast on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February and will be broadcast live on SBS on Saturday 9 February when voting will be open to the public.

The ten acts are a diverse mix of high-profile artists from across the musical spectrum setting the stage for a show like no other:

1. Pop-opera star Mark VincentThis Is Not The End
  2. Modern electric-soul duo Electric Fields2000 and Whatever
  3. Legendary drag queen and reality television veteran Courtney Act’sFight for Love
  4. The Voice winner Alfie ArcuriTo Myself
  5. 16-year-old singer-songwriter Leea NanosSet Me Free
  6. Charismatic pop star AydanDust
  7. Bona fide Aussie pop legend Tania Doko best known for her success in ARIA award winning pop duo Bachelor Girl – Song TBA
  8. Rock music icon Ella Hooper well-known and loved for her debut in rock-pop band Killing Heidi – Song TBA
  9. Award-winning singer-songwriter, Kate Miller-Heidke – Song TBA
  10. Much-loved indie pop band Sheppard – Song TBA

Hosted by radio host and music buff Myf Warhurst, and comedian Joel Creasey, Eurovision – Australia Decides will showcase the best of Australian music and bring the nation closer to the Eurovision action.

In association with the Queensland Government via Tourism and Events Queensland and the City of Gold Coast, Eurovision – Australia Decides will be hosted on the Gold Coast on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February and will be broadcast live on SBS on Saturday 9 February when voting will be open to the public.

1 Like

Kate Miller-Heidke will perform Zero Gravity in Eurovision - Australia Decides, while Ella Hooper will perform Data Dust.

Finland has announced their entrant for this years contest will be EDM artist Darude.

He is best known for the 1999 worldwide hit Sandstorm - which has featured on numerous TV shows, internet memes, and has also became an EDM anthem.

3 Likes

Promo

Rehearsal

2 Likes

Public voting opened at 1.30am AEDT today.

I don’t think outsourcing like that is entirely unusual in Eurovision circles. From what I gather it happens within Europe as well where the Swedes (for instance) are often called in to provide some expertise particularly where a host country might lack the experience in hosting such an event.

Given this event is a first for Australia it’s probably not unusual to outsource to foreign talent more adept at this sort of thing.

6 Likes

How did TV Week tweet this before it was announced on air? :thinking:

1 Like

1 Like

i think they would have done all 10 of them in readness for who ever won ready to go and it so happned that kate won

But the tweet out before she had. Suspect media was given an embargoed result just in advance and perhaps sent it out a fraction early?

1 Like

i would say so yes

she won the Judges Vote (which was yesterday).

And today, the public vote ensured she won?

So they didn’t know who would actually win until tonight?

1 Like