ESPN

Arrived back from NZ this morning and saw the JackJumpers at Hobart Airport when we arrived. Great to see them in the finals again for their second year.

2 Likes

I’ve jumped on board the Jackies bandwagon this year. I wasn’t close to the Bullets anyway. :joy: Them and the Canes.

1 Like

Well, you’re practically a local… in about 30 years. lol

Great to hear you’re supporting local!

1 Like

Good to see Perth back in the finals

2 Likes

Good to see AEW joining WWE on Australian TV

1 Like

Has there been any word on whether ESPN are producing an international feed with their announcers this year? Strange that I haven’t seen anything about it yet…

Edit: Note to self, use Google next time… :man_facepalming: From ESPN Press Room:

ESPN International will present Super Bowl LVI, as ESPN’s Monday Night Football commentator team of Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Riddick will call the game for Australia and New Zealand from inside SoFi Stadium.

Interesting they’re not using the normal MNF team.

1 Like

Isn’t that last year’s super bowl?

2 Likes

that was last year, this year the game is in Arizona at State Farm Stadium

2 Likes

ESPN viewers will experience the most in-depth coverage and behind-the-scenes access to the pinnacle event, with the game itself being called exclusively for Australian and New Zealand audiences by Steve Levy, Dan Orlovsky and Louis Riddick inside State Farm Stadium.

1 Like

I’m quite disappointed that ESPN aren’t giving us Joe & Troy. Looks like they made my choice for me…Fox US domestic feed on NFL Gamepass with Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen it is, which comes with the added bonus of seeing the expensive American Super Bowl commercials.

1 Like

You just need to google want Joe and Troy are getting annually to realise they were never commentating for our tiny audience.

Yeah but you’d think they’d want them calling so that they can use highlights of the match with them on it?

They wouldn’t be allowed

Even in the future? As in when they show a highlight on SportsCenter?

Counter argument to that would be they’re already paying them the big $$$, might as well utilise their talents for it.

2 Likes

Exactly, and even if only for ANZ, why would they turn down calling the Super Bowl?

2 Likes

Because they are not contractually obliged.

I wish they’d stop this shit - we get the normal commentary all season and then for the final game of the year we get the dummies guide to the NFL

1 Like

Slightly off topic, but I saw that this year, in the US Fox is taking down the paywall and is making its 4K Super Bowl feed available for free to everyone on the Fox Now and Fox Sports app. Don’t even need a user name and password.

2 Likes