ESPN

Yes, yes it is…

Not my finest moment on here! :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled. It’s fake 4k. Upconverted.

Not native 4k.

3 Likes

I don’t mind an alternative broadcast but agree the dumbed down version they present is bad. It’s worse than NFL Films World Feed which goes out of its way to explain the whole game (this year being called by CBS #2 team Ian Eagle & Charles Davis, incidentally)

I certainly hope ESPN don’t give us a dumbed down feed in the year ESPN/ABC has US Super Bowl broadcast rights, or if they must, shove it on ESPN2 and at least give us the real thing on ESPN.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was offered to them to do and they declined. Or it was used to sweeten Steve Levy when they demoted him.

I think I read Joe Buck was on holidays overseas so clearly he doesn’t give a shit.

4 Likes

This is from The Athletic last year, thought some might find it interesting:

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Music

Sydney Kings will face Cairns Taipans in the NBL semi-final series 2 after the latter defeated Perth by 13 points in the Play-in Game yesterday afternoon.

The updated fixture can be found at this link. All finals will be shown live on ESPN.

Tasmania JackJumpers and NZ Breakers arrived safely in Hobart this morning, after departing Auckland at 3am local time to escape Cyclone Gabrielle.

3 Likes

Nothing on 10 Peach even though Sunday is their day to show NBL Hoops. Judging by the fixtures and who is showing what.

They still have a 4-6pm slot - although I guess what is being shown is TBC as it depends which Game 3s happen - and, also, if it gets that far, what happens with NZ v Tassie (which is the game scheduled for that slot) as Game 3 was meant to be back in Auckland.

1 Like

ESPN’s Phil Murphy while the stage is being set up for the halftime show

1 Like

Big weekend on ESPN with the XFL and NBA All-Stars from Salt Lake City.

4 Likes

This is the third incarnation of the league after the two Vince McMahon versions in 2001 and 2020. 2001 ceased after one season and 2020 shut down due to COVID. XFL 3.0 is owned by Dwayne Johnson with games aired on Disney in the US

1 Like

Game 3 happening back in NZ and will be in the 4pm AEDT (2pm NZDT) timeslot with Breakers v Jack Jumpers. If the Kings v Cairns series reaches game 3 that will be at 2pm AEDT.

1 Like

Well we now know that that will go to game 3 after tonight, so yeah, you’d think they’d surely go live with the Jackjumpers/Breakers game planned for that slot on Sunday on FTA.

I think the lack of saying it was “live” was because if that series was wrapped up tonight and Taipans/Kings wasn’t [we won’t know about that until tomorrow evening], I wouldn’t have been surprised if they left that game at 2pm and delayed it on 10 Peach.

It’s not like you can’t get it live for free in this case, with all the finals being on Kayo Freebies.

1 Like

Sydney Kings will face New Zealand Breakers in the 2022/23 NBL Championship series, after they won their respective deciding game 3 this afternoon. The Kings will be looking to defend their title while the Breakers are in the NBL finals for the first time since 2016, after finishing on the bottom of the ladder last season.

The championship finals start on March 3.

3 Likes

I thought NBL may have moved Game 2 and 4 an hour earlier so that the main channel 10 could air the Grand Final series live like they did last season.

6pm local time tip off in NZ.

1 Like

Commentary team at arena for the NBL Finals.

Also Casey Franks who is the analyst on Sky Sports for games in NZ is also at the arena with a sideline reporter type role

1 Like

The 2022/23 WNBL finals series starts this Wednesday night (March 8) when Southside Flyers host Melbourne Boomers. Every match will be shown live on ESPN or ESPN2.

1 Like

something i realised from the games in Aus and Nz is that for matches in Aus, they use the NBL mics while games in NZ uses Sky Sports mics

1 Like