Eleven - Programs and Schedules

I’m sure the rights to programming are quite complicated. Maybe there’s a different contract to The Simpson’s repeats or repeats in general and a different contract for first run series.

You’re acting like Ten are purposefully targeting The Simpsons. If the show is so popular and important to Ten as you suggest, then they wouldn’t just dtop it for no reason. It has to be a contractual issue.

Even Pay TV isn’t as big as it use to, the list of people I know who have cancelled Foxtel goes on and on…

1 Like

My prediction for Eleven once CBS gets the keys to Network Ten, it will be an all-retro TV channel with shows from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s similar to MeTV in the US, drawing on the CBS/Paramount catalogue and others that can be acquired cheaply. Expect shows not seen on free to air for years such as Mr Ed and the Beverley Hillbillies.

1 Like

Neighbours will fit in very well.

Under any plan by cbs I doubt they will be relying on the simpsons. Whilst it’s good as filler it will never be coming back to main channel or anything like that

Pure speculation. Anything could happen.

they could move Neighbours to One. They could use One to show new and recent programmes that would not rate well on the main channel.

Isn’t that what Eleven is used for too?

2 Likes

at the moment yes. But this is what I think CBS should do to improve ratings for Eleven and One:
Eleven: all-retro, from the fifties to the 2000s
One: moveovers and programmes that would not either rate well or fit the main Ten channel, as well as some sports such as the Wallabies Rugby Union matches (WA, SA and VIC only), A-League, Moto GP and Formula One (apart from the Australian events). Childrens programmes, Neighbours and other recent shows that currently air on Eleven could move to One.

That doesn’t make sense to me since children are more likely to be watching all those G-rated retro shows which are on Eleven. And in prime time these are mixed in with all the new shows and repeats which are also aimed at younger demographics.

Meanwhile, One already has a lot of the new dramas that don’t work on Ten along with repeats of older skewing shows. I don’t see the point of swapping these around.

1 Like

I’ve noticed on online TV guides today that Eleven have dropped Futurama & Malcolm in the Middle (both from 20th Century Fox) from the schedule as from today (1st October), replacing them with Everybody Loves Raymond on its timeslots, including Wednesday night, which was once home to its ‘Animation Fixation’ line-up. According to its advance guide published last week, both shows were originally scheduled to air on the channel this week.

5 Likes

Yet Bob’s Burgers, also from 20th Century Fox remains.

RIP Animation Fixation 2011-2017.

1 Like

Ok Ten really need to come out and speak now. What is going on? What is the future of these programs?

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it be weird if they ended up on Netflix or Stan… also I don’t think people in regional Qld WIN ELeven actually saw Malcolm in the Middle

Why don’t they just play Acropolis Now instead at 7pm, rather than replay Everybody Loves Raymond for the 100th time

2 Likes

Ten would need to do a deal with WIN for that, wouldn’t they?

Futurama is still scheduled for Sunday 8th October at 6.30pm (double episode) and Wednesday 11th October at 8.30pm (triple episode) according to the Foxtel EPG.

Yes, I’ve noticed it there (via Foxtel Guide online) after I’ve made my post. The same goes for Malcolm in The Middle, which is scheduled to air at 4pm weekdays from this Friday.

Ten’s guide and the Sunday EPG disagrees with Foxtel :slight_smile:

Surely Les Moonves has to comment on this situation soon… with no Simpsons or Futurama, they might as well dump the whole Eleven brand and start over with something else.

2 Likes