Eleven - Programs and Schedules

The reasons for airing New girl every week night is obvious. They want to catch up to season 5 which has just started airing in the U.S.

A few new show premieres on Eleven, courtesy of TV Tonight:

Angel From Hell, Feb 2, 8pm
Bordertown, Feb 3, 9pm
Cristela, Feb 6, 6.30pm
Fresh Off The Boat, March 7, 8pm

What is the point of Couch Time anyway? Does Eleven even need it?

It promotes shows on the channel and provides interviews with people from shows on Eleven Ten, One which are also then watched online. It has a use.

[quote=ā€œJBar, post:24, topic:457, full:trueā€]
It promotes shows on the channel and provides interviews with people from shows on Eleven Ten, One which are also then watched online. It has a use.
[/quote] Why donā€™t Seven and Nine do it then? Has it proven beneficial?

Probably because they attract enough advertising on their digital channels not to require filler programming. But Eleven and Ten like to be different. Do you want everyone to be the same same?

1 Like

This surprised me. Wouldnā€™t Iā€™m a Celebrityā€¦ Get Me Out of Here NOW! be on from 8:30-9:30? Or is it just a 30min show?

A lot of new comedy on ELEVEN this year. Scheduled all over the place too.

I wondered the same thing.

Arenā€™t Wednesdays their animation night?

Yes, but the Celeb spin off show was announced to be on ELEVEN after the main show airs on TEN. I assumed they meant 5 nights a week. Perhaps the main show goes for 2 hours on a Wednesday.

How are they going to manage this between Ten and Eleven when they notoriously run way overtime with live reality shows. Dare I say it. Will they just simulcast on the two channels to avoid problems with over runs?

They canā€™t simulcast if Angel From Hell and Fresh Off The Boat are to keep their slots. ELEVEN is usually running behind anyway, a longer add break with a sneak peek for an upcoming show thrown in will probably cover any overrun.

Get me outta here now! Is scheduled for 9:30pm Sunday to Thursday.

2 Likes

This might help clear things up.

Get Me Out of Here Now is scheduled for 9.30pm on Eleven starting Sunday 31 January and runs for one hour each night following the main program.

1 Like

Soā€¦ is Iā€™m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Now shown once a week (for one hour) or from Sundays to Thursdays?

So that leaves a fairly big break from ā€œIā€™m A Celebā€, in case of overtime runs.

I think that if this is evenly slightly successful we could see more this type of aftershow in Australia. It is really a great idea. For those regular viewers of a reality format who probably already find 5 nights a week at 7.30 enough, they wonā€™t miss anything but for the many die hard fans who canā€™t get enough they can indulge even further. It would also benefit shows like The Bachelor franchise for example where there is a live follow up program already running in the US. Survivor is another franchise where it could work well.

2 Likes

Agreed. They tried it with the first season of The X Factor (The Xtra Factor) and it didnā€™t work, but multichannel were just starting to become a thing then. I think companion shows are a great idea.

Big Brother Up Late was probably a pre-cursor as well, even though not strictly the same thing, it was still somewhere that fans wanting more than 30 or 60 minutes could go and pick up extra info or insight into what was happening and also who to vote for; also one of the things that was missed from the Nine version of the franchise.

1 Like