Eleven - Programs and Schedules

209k yesterday actually. :wink:

2 Likes

More movies classified R18+ for their home entertainment release airing on Ten in a version that has been edited to satisfy broadcast regulations and are appropriately classified*

1 Like

The only Australian channels permitted to air R18+ material are World Movies and Adults Onlyā€¦

3 Likes

Like 7flix at the Moment, Elevenā€™s Programming schedule is Tainted.

Care to elaborate?

I see Speechless is coming to ELEVEN. I thought this would go to Seven as it is a Disney ABC show?

That is unusual.

1 Like

Ten gets Speechless partly because of its supply deal with 20th Century Fox, which co-produces the show with Disney ABC.

4 Likes

Iā€™m loving Malcolm in the Middle back on TV!

It was such a hit over 15 years ago :grinning:

1 Like

Canā€™t believe he is turning 32 this yearā€¦Frankie Munizā€¦

1 Like

Ikr :open_mouth:

I never realised he was older than the actor who plays Reece in real life.

Yet heā€™s like a year younger in the show!

When will they do a reunion season? Netflix must be calling.

Was it though?

I loved the show but apart from one or two seasons Iā€™m quite sure it languished in the ratings. I remember the show being a couple of seasons behind and then Nine burning off episodes in all sorts of weird timeslots.

I think he meant that it was a hit in the US, which is why it lasted 7 seasons. Itā€™s ratings only started falling off in the last 2 seasons.

1 Like

Well, since we live in Australia we talk about Australia otherwise we specifically refer to the country weā€™re talking about.

1 Like

Malcolm was indeed a big hit when it aired on Monday nights, Nine trying to replicate the ratings success of Friends.

1 Like

Didnā€™t it follow in the timeslot straight after Friends which was guaranteed of success back then? A lot of shows struggled when they were tried without that lead-in.

5 Likes

Yes it did air alongside Friends.

There were quite a few shows that were ā€œhitsā€ simply because they followed Friends in that era. The classic example was Aussie sitcom ā€œFlat Chatā€ which had extraordinary ratings for a terrible show. Nine could have kept it going for ages just by keeping it in that slot. For some reason they decided to let it prove itself and they moved into another timeslot. It notoriously crashed and burned. There were rumours at the time that executives at the network actually hated the show and didnā€™t care if it failed so they pitched the move to kill it off.

1 Like

Everybody Loves Raymond was a hit in Australia, right up until the final episode, which was one of the biggest audiences that year (I think it was 2005 or 2006) on Ch 10.