Eleven - Programs and Schedules

Ten have brought forward new This Is Us to 8:30pm on Eleven from this Thursday, even though it bombed (the channel had a 1% share on the Thursday just gone, held up by Neighbors). Odd!?

Perhaps it will be a key part of the 10 Peach launch platform?

1 Like

Is this actually happening? My EPG is yet to update with this info but that’s not that unusual either with WIN/Ten.
With that said, I just checked my EPG and the entire WIN Network doesn’t have any programming past 6am Sat!!

it certainly is
https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/This-Is-Us/98692123

They advertised This is Us during Studio 10 last week.

Now that you mention it, I saw that quite a few times on Ten last week.

Makes a difference from the repetitive promos we see. I watched Studio 10 for half an hour yesterday and saw promos for Have You Been Paying Attention twice in that half hour.

Totally Wild has had a great run, so I am not surprised if it’s time for a change, although I hope the likes of Ranger Stacey will be allowed to say farewell to viewers.

Indeed, not many children’s programs make it to 26 years on the air!

That said, Ten/Eleven does Totally Wild absolutely no favours by currently scheduling it in a timeslot the target audience mightn’t be able to watch the program in its entirety as it goes to air: 8am Monday-Wednesday & Saturday.

The scheduling of Scope (which has also been affected by some severe cutbacks recently, with the production team cut by a third & filming time by almost half) is even worse, 10am Sundays. Personally I hope this doesn’t happen but unfortunately, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if that program is also axed sometime in the next year or two.

2 Likes

Expect a Seven court battle if Ten attempt a DOND revival :wink:

Which could actually be a ratings winner?

Why? If Seven no longer owns rights how can they stop another network doing so?

5 Likes

Oh, are their format distribution rights for DOND?

You think Seven just plucked it out of thin air?

1 Like

They play reruns of it on 7two… dunno if that impacts anything.

1 Like

It was based off the american version… So it would be who ever developed it for the US. Seven can’t say boo about it. Dancing with the stars is a prime example.

Owned by EndemolShine.

1 Like

This is why I shouldn’t be online at midnight! :sleeping: Whoops.

And @Bort isn’t going to be happy, that I let myself say the latest MS taboo word(s) in my previous comment!

1 Like

The US version started 2 years after the Australian version, which was the first international version after the original Dutch DOND (called something else cos it is in Dutch obviously).

1 Like

I have thought for a while that 11 should be airing its 6am til 10am shows on Monday to Friday between 5am and 9am and its for the reason that @SydneyCityTV describes - a lot of its base audience are either heading to school or close to heading to school, assuming they havent already left for school. If Ten/11 were worried about what they might schedule in that 9am til 10am gap in its schedule the answer is simple - either The Talk (currently airing at 6am on Ten and encored at 1:30am on 11) or an encore of The Late Late Show (currently screening on 11 at 11:30am and encored at 3:30am)

1 Like

The only other children’s show that I can recall of that longevity would be Saturday Disney on Seven (1990-2016).

3 Likes