Driving & Traffic

Had a laugh at this article. If anyone in Melbourne isn’t aware already, Citylink/Tulla Freeway between the Bolte Bridge and the Airport doesn’t have any speed cameras so not surprised police patrolling found a lot of speeding. The 80km/h limit now is ridiculously slow however as it used to be 100km/h before the upgrade.

1 Like

The section of Citylink between Bolte Bridge and Essendon Airport has a 80km/h speed limit, because there is no emergency stopping lane on either side.

1 Like

I will only be driving to work from now on and anywhere I can walk to ,supermarket,local shops ,or use public transport,I will.
Or do more in one trip ,have appointments,etc , or anything else,after work
Put $50 worth of fuel in my car the other day, before that would be almost a full tank (66 litre tank) now it’s only about half a tank😕
Lucky I only have to go to work 4 days a week now since I changed to part time last year,it’s 14 kms from home to work
I’ve never used E10 fuel in my ASX ,I always fill it with unleaded 91

2 Likes

Or I could sell my car but I do need it to travel to work and also to go and see my parents.
Yes I should have bought another smaller car instead of an SUV , I looked at a 2018 Mazda 2 before I purchased my ASX ,should have bought the Mazda :confused:
It would cost less to fill up.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve always thought a “dob in bad driver” website would be a good idea

2 Likes
2 Likes

Isnt that Dashcam Owners Australia on Youtube?

3 Likes

Isn’t the argument always that they can’t prove the driver and actually need it to be an official/verified camera to be admissible?

Something like that is always blamed in Victoria for the reason Trams don’t record all the time to fine those who drive past while the doors are open.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Two articles from the ABC, both about freeways…

3 Likes

Echuca/Moama’s second bridge crossing opened to the public today.

4 Likes

This is hilarious!

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

The announcement means BP’s Australia/New Zealand regional divisions are clearly working to roll out a network of DC chargers too, to compete with the likes of Evie and Chargefox and capitalise on Australia’s EV growth curve.

It’s not hard to imagine a line of DC rapid-chargers at your local BP servo, with some food and coffee available while you wait.

4 Likes

How much will drivers have to pay to use the EV charger at BP service stations? Petrol and diesel is sold at the rate of cents per litre.

1 Like

I’ve read the next “big thing” with EVs will be exchangeable batteries.

This could be a game changer, but will obviously take a while as no manufacturer has built one yet, and will take a while for such a battery swapping service to be rolled out.

1 Like

Knowing how much BP petrol stations charge for fuel i would imagine gettting your EV charged would not be cheap. I think there is a lot of potential for EV’s to change how travel centres are setup with better dining options rather than fast food outlets. Especially if it takes 30 minutes to charge your vehicle and you need to charge every 400 to 500 km for a lot of the current released vehicles. If you were to travel from Sydney to Brisbane for example that’s two charges. I know in my Commodore you could travel virtually the whole way on one tank of petrol. There is a opportunity there to use free EV charging to encourage people to use services within the travel centres. But it won’t work if the only entertainment options are what they are now.

3 Likes

I think EVs need a 700 km + range to be viable as a touring vehicle.

That would give you 6-7 hours between charges on the highway and be enough to get from lunch to dinner etc and you can charge up whilst having your meal.

1 Like