Doctor Who

What is there to censor?

I hear you in saying what is there to censor but you look at the minor rubbish they have censored out of bluey and it does worry me

A bit different don’t you think? I can see the Bluey thing when it comes to standards of a children’s program.

Most Doctor Who episodes wouldn’t be G rated anyway so the content would match the PG/M rating or equivalent.

1 Like

It was BBC America, then ABC Australia, and now New Zealand is following suit as TVNZ announces it will drop Doctor Who following the big move to Disney+ outside the UK.

How is this explained, how can he come back as the next iteration, only to disappear again soon after? They better have a good explanation for this, outside a ratings stunt.

It shouldn’t be hard. It’s science fiction, not fact. As a work of fiction, they can easily rewrite the rules as they go along and they often have.

Otiginally, the rule was that a Time Lord can only regenerate 12 times, for a total of 13 incarnations. Guess what, when they were approaching the maximum, there was a retcon where a new cycle of regenerations can be granted. Then in the latest regeneration, it was revealed that the Doctor is the Timeless Child, a being who predated the Time Lords and who can regenerate an unknown amount of times.

So, this will just be the first time we have seen the Doctor regenerate into a body we have previously seen. Theoretically this could have happened before.

5 Likes

BTW granting a new cycle was first mentioned in Classic Who, it wasn’t a recent retcon. But yes, it took until 2013 for it to be actually used.

1 Like

I remember BBC and Fox did a similar collab back in 1996 with the end result being the Doctor Who TV movie.

I try to forget that

2 Likes

Saw my recording of The Power of the Doctor tonight. It was quite a good episode. I was expecting that Jodie’s Doctor would regenerate into Ncuti’s Doctor, but instead it became David Tennant’s Doctor. That’s where the show’s 60th anniversary specials (including the character played by Neil Patrick Harris) come in.

It was great to see several former Doctors and companions reappearing in the episode.

P.S. The Power of the Doctor averaged 3.71 million viewers on the BBC on Sunday night, well up from Legend of the Sea Devils which was watched by 2.2 million viewers back in Easter.

1 Like

I don’t understand why they’re delaying the new episodes by so much. If David Tennant has aleady filmed his episodes, why do we have to wait until November 2023 to see them?

60th anniversary of dr who

OK. Of course.

It’s just a really long wait and this is after we had so few episodes this year.

Back in the classic era, there was a big gap between the end of Tom Baker’s era and the start of Peter Davison’s.

Logopolis Part 4 - 21 March 1981.
Castrovalva Part 1 - 4 January 1982.

Even Colin Baker wasn’t safe when his time on the show was put on an 18-month hiatus.

Millie most recently played Kelly Neelan on Coronation Street.

The casting was announced during Children in Need event on the BBC on Friday night UK time.

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

The BBC has released the teaser for the Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials, starring David Tennant, Catherine Tate, and Neil Patrick Harris.

2 Likes