Doctor Who

can’t do worse the Fox co-production. Paul McGann was great but the rest was too hollywood

1 Like

Doctor Who Images Reveal First Look At Jodie Whittaker’s Final Episode

Doctor Who released new images of Whittaker’s final appearance as the Doctor on their official Twitter account. These images reveal several threats, including The Master and Cyberman, which the Thirteenth Doctor will take on with the help of returning companions Tegan Jovanka and Ace. The post teases, “Old friends and enemies reunite”.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-final-episode-first-look/

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor

Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor, surrounded by The Master, a dalek and cyberman

In this feature-length Special to mark her last adventure, Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor must fight for her very existence, against her deadliest enemies: the Daleks, the Cybermen and her arch-nemesis, the Master.

Who is attacking a speeding bullet train on the edges of a distant galaxy? Why are seismologists going missing from 21st century Earth? Who is defacing some of history’s most iconic paintings? Why is a Dalek trying to make contact with the Doctor? And just what hold does the mesmeric Rasputin have over Tsar Nicholas in 1916 Russia?

The Doctor faces multiple threats…and a battle to the death

Confirmed for BBC One on 23 October at 7.30pm to 9pm

4 Likes

I recorded the Sea Devils special back in Easter but only watched it last night knowing the next special is coming up very soon. The episode was quite good, although I wonder why some of the dialogue was not done in Mandarin (e.g. between villager Ying Ki and his father, and between him and Madame Ching)? It was also nice to see Chinese-born director Haolu Wang at the helm of the episode.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve only seen 4 episodes of Jodie’s run as the Doctor, but stayed up at 2am to watch The Power of the Doctor.

What a mess of an episode.

But DAVID is back! And they’ve confirmed he is the 14th Doctor and will appear in 3 episodes for the 60th anniversary and Ncuti Gatwa will appear as the 15th Doctor!

1 Like

i disagree , it wasn’t a mess at all

1 Like

With David Tennant and Catherine Tate reprising their roles for the 60th anniversary, it has been confirmed that they will appear in three special episodes, set to air in November 2023. The next Doctor, played by Ncuti Gatwa, will then take control of the TARDIS, with his first episode airing over the festive period in 2023.

Russell T. Davies, returning Showrunner says: “If you thought the appearance of David Tennant was a shock, we’ve got plenty more surprises on the way! The path to Ncuti’s Fifteenth Doctor is laden with mystery, horror, robots, puppets, danger and fun! And how is it connected to the return of the wonderful Donna Noble? How, what, why? We’re giving you a year to speculate, and then all hell lets loose!”

The three special episodes will screen in November 2023 as Doctor Who celebrates its 60th anniversary.

2 Likes

So, the Doctor can now regenerate into previous incarnations?

maybe a one off

Not a previous incarnation, a brand new incarnation that happens to be using an old face.

Not the first time we’ve seen the Doctor use someone else’s face, it’s just never been one of their old ones before.

Can’t wait to find out the reason why!

2 Likes

It was definitely implied that the Curator in The Day of the Doctor, was in fact the Doctor and he said that he will revisit a few favourite faces.

4 Likes
New season preview

Doctor Who returns 2023... | Teaser Trailer | @Doctor Who - BBC - YouTube

2 Likes

I thought this episode was a bit of a mess too.

I don’t understand why they needed to have Daleks, Cybermen and The Master in the one episode. Seems like they’ve had an overload of villains in recent episodes. Just stick to one story and one villain at a time. There was already plenty to deal with covering the history of The Doctor.

Was interested in the returnees and was happy to see those (and pleasantly surprised) to see so many familiar faces.

3 Likes

Under a shared creative vision, they will deliver this quintessentially British show to future generations on an unprecedented scale with Disney+ as the exclusive home for new seasons of Doctor Who outside the UK and Ireland.

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1584904152253026304?s=20&t=BA0jkJ1b3st0vx7gBSXfgw

2 Likes

Wonder if they’ll get the “Disney Budget”