Disney+

Agreed. People say we’re currently living in the golden years of streaming, they’re right. Give it 5 more years you’ll be hard-pressed to find a service like current Netflix with a large range of studios on one service (and even that is decreasing right now).

Why let someone else stream your content when you can do it yourself and get 100% of the revenue?

5 Likes

Might have another merger like what happened with Austar and Foxtel

Channel News is garbage

3 Likes

These partnerships are irrelevant. You can still subscribe to Disney+ without fucking foxtel or Telstra or whatever. It’s nonsense. If for example they team up with Telstra the only saving would be it’s included with your Telstra package but then again like foxtel, Telstra is way overpriced.

3 Likes

Second article of his that I have read, with the previous one being even worse in terms of spelling. His punctuation / sentence structure is terrible with lots of commas missing in action. Lol

it’s probally more pre-paid giftcards for disney+ will be available at these outlets

5 Likes

I wonder if Disney+ will carry all/some 20C Fox content (I’m sure this has been discussed, I think Disney’s CEO might’ve confirmed as such).

Seven programming chief Angus Ross said the purchase of 20CFox by Disney will not impact the network’s current output deal with 20C Fox TV.

1 Like

Disney Plus Australia Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPlusAU/

I’m hyped for Disney+ cause they have the entire run of The Simpsons on it.

4 Likes

Me personally, most of the content I watch on Netflix is the original content. So it wouldn’t bother me if that is the case. Netflix has an incrediable amount of original content. New content is released nearly every week. My list is that long I have shows I added 12 months ago.

4 Likes

I’m exactly the same. My list of Netflix originals to watch is long. I just finished Haunting of Hill house and that was released nearly a year ago! I don’t currently feel that any new streaming service will take me away from Netflix… I will subscribe to Disney plus in addition to Netflix, Stan and Hulu… the one likely to receive a cut is Stan but even then I’ll likely keep it. All service only cost me $40-45 per month which for the amount of entertainment on offer is incredible value IMO.

4 Likes

I will probably cut Stan soon to be honest. I do like it for rupaul though.

1 Like

Personally considering getting rid of Amazon Prime - find they have too few originals which interest me compared to everything else I subscribe to

I will get rid of Kayo next week until December (Big Bash).

So will Disney Plus have all of the Simpsons even though 7 Mate airs it , this won’t affect what seasons are streaming?

Will 7 Mate show first run episodes and then say 12 months later end up on Disney Plus i wonder.

2 Likes

The licencing deals are different between platforms (one is SVOD and the other FTA terrestrial broadcast)

4 Likes

If the US have it I don’t see why we won’t have it also. The Simpson’s have no current streaming deal in place anywhere in the world aside from Hulu which airs the current season after broadcast.

2 Likes
1 Like

For finding content… that’s where Apple (and Foxtel and Fetch) are trying to offer a single search across all the systems.

But it won’t help the price for having >10 services… it’s not sustainable.

-Netflix
-Stan
-Prime
-Ten All Access
-YouTube Premium
-Foxtel Now/whatever
-Kayo
-Disney+
-Apple+
-NBCUniversal
-Warner HBO
-BBC?

I’m assuming BBC will join the party. Is Warner really going to separate HBO from whatever service they create?

In that scenario I imagine Stan wouldn’t survive as we know it, and 7 wouldn’t start one…

edit:
But the key here is someone like Foxtel pulling it all together in a cheaper package.

5 Likes
1 Like