Disney-Fox

They should rename fox studios australia to disney studios australia now

1 Like

Who knows what’s happening. I’m sure a rename will be on the cards soon.

Really? What if the 20C Fox brand is continuing though?

They certainly should because Fox is a name that not many want to be associated to these days.

1 Like

I wonder when Disney will step in and cancel and/or re-structure all of 20C Fox’s global TV licences (outputs, deals, etc)?

Which could impact Seven and potentially be beneficial for Nine.

But Angus Ross in a recent podcast said there would be no impact/changes from it at this stage.

Close but no. They’re located in Richmond/Cremorne in/around the complex where Country Road, Just Jeans, Mattel have their head office, on Church St. Which is just near Top Paddock if you’re familiar with the area.

Yes, I know that building and the area. Visible from the freeway and train line.

I wonder when overseas TV licencing will be changed, therefore affecting current deals with broadcasters such as here in Australia? (i.e.) Disney will eventually handle 20C Fox’s content after the latter’s deals expire, surely?

Meaning Seven (who have a current output with Fox as confirmed by Angus Ross in a MediaWeek podcast earlier this year) would have to talk with Disney again, but the issue being Nine now have a deal with Disney.

Ross did say (when asked in that same podcast) that the Disney-Fox merger/acquisition “will not” have any impact on Seven’s current Fox deal, yet…

We know Fox terminated 10’s output around mid 2017, Seven not signing with Fox until early last year (Simpsons and first movies appeared around the week of Pyeongchang Winter Olympics). Wonder when the contract expires, I’ll guess 3 years (as was last structured around 2013 with a Sony deal with Seven?)

NB/ This refers to terrestrial broadcast only, obviously.

@KevinPerry

Disney (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Australia) is officially theatrically distributing 20C Fox’s films (DCP) in Australia now, with 20th Century Fox Australia arm now defunct. See article (Fox executives let go in Australia): https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/disney-shuffles-management-hong-kong-australia-1203246212/

Also, this image shows 20th Century Fox movie “Terminator: Dark Fate” currently in cinemas is one of the first with this new arrangement:

It is unknown whether Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Australia (of the same office) are also distributing 20C Fox’s home media from now too, or whether 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Australia are still operating (from the closing Sydney office - which won’t be long).

Global TV licencing is handled from their US Hollywood HQs, of which Disney-ABC (whom have current agreements with Seven, Nine and 10) and 20th Century Fox TV (who have an active output with Seven) has changed, with the latter arm folded into the former, but these deals for Australia are not affected until they expire (as confirmed by Seven’s Angus Ross in a Mediaweek podcast).

However, with the aforementioned, Seven may not be able to get rights to any Fox movie released from this year after the Disney acquisition was finalised (e.g.) Terminator Dark Fate (Nine currently have first run Disney rights). Of course that’s even if Seven and Nine still have deals with Fox and Disney respectively come a couple of years time when movies can have their FTA premiere.

Random FYI, the ACB’s website is new:

Lachlan Murdoch appears to have used some of the cash he received when the Murdoch’s sold their Fox shares to Disney to buy Jed Clampett’s house.

Chartwell Estate
875 Nimes Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90077, United States
https://maps.app.goo.gl/iWnzcXgLHf52pBCm7

1 Like

He really is as dumb as he looks then

For any MS legal experts out there, following Disney’s acquisition of 20C Fox, all Fox films prior to 2019 that have this copyright attached, does it mean anything for Disney? As in when it comes to copyright infringement or court proceedings. Or has all Fox copyright now transferred to Disney?

(Taken from the movie “There’s Something About Mary”).

According to the Twentieth Century Fox website the copyright is still owned by Twentieth Century Fox not Disney, similar to how the NBCUniversal website has the copyright owned by NBCUniversal not Comcast, and the Warner copyright is owned by Warner Media not AT&T.

1 Like

Very soon Fox Studios Australia problay get a rename/rebrand by ther looks of it to 20th Century Studios Australia or Disney Studios Australia

1 Like

More likely to be Disney.

Wish they’d gone back to 20th Century Pictures

• Marvel Studios
  • Pixar Animation Studios
  • Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • Blue Sky Studios

I guess the name 20th Century Studios fits with their current portfolio.

2 Likes

Stuck in the last century?