Disney-Fox

Correct ( Disney ABC International Television, trade name for Disney Media Distribution).downloadfile-2

1 Like

Interesting development.

Maybe mods could rename the thread to ā€œTakeovers and Mergersā€.

Anyways, Comcast goes big on Sky in the UK.

1 Like

Confirmed today with the Ā£22.1 billion offer.

2 Likes

Fox must now be aiming to keep Sky out of the Disney purchase (their 34% share was announced by Disney to be past of their purchase), why else would they be wanting to pursue aquiring it?

Universal Pictures (NBC Universal owned by Comcast) has the largest Hollywood/film market share.

Umm, no? In 2017, Disney is first with a 21% box office share, followed by Warner Brothers and then Universal.

Check your facts before posting please.

2 Likes

Oh, no. Another strike against the movie expertise of LukeMovieMan.

3 Likes

I was actually talking about the size of Universalā€™s library (not box office sales) and that being a potential factor for Comcast.

Size isnā€™t everything.

4 Likes

You literally said market share. What does market share mean if not box office sales? Once again youā€™re just changing your argument after being caught out.

Universal might have more hours of content, but every hour of Universal content might be worth a fraction of what Disney content could demand.

1 Like

Sorry I used the incorrect wording, but library size is what I was talking about, Iā€™m not changing any argument.

Iā€™m told rather itā€™s how you use itā€¦

7 Likes

21st Century Fox and Disney shareholders will vote on the merger in separate meetings in New York City on July 10.

1 Like

No but if its so small you canā€™t use itā€¦

1 Like

Is that a confession?

At least ask me out for a coffee first Jbar :wink:

2 Likes

Please answer @pelican just got a strange feeling you would knowā€¦ :joy:

Not with those shortcomings. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Only thing short about me is my temper :wink:

1 Like