Digital TV Technical Discussion

Why is the Gold Coast Multiplex repeating Mount Coot tha and Richmond Tweed signals?

2 Likes

The licence areas for commercial TV for Brisbane and Richmond Tweed both cover the Gold Coast. Results from historically RTN 8 being considered a local Gold Coast station in addition to the Brisbane stations, so when UHF relays were introduced from Mt Tamborine they were for the 5 Brisbane stations plus RTN 8. Then when aggregation happened, that added another 2 stations.

7 Likes

And it’s a similar story on the NSW Central Coast with Sydney TV repeaters alongside Northern NSW regional commercial channels.

4 Likes

One of my TVs EPGs seems to be playing up, tv issue? Transmission site issue? Or network playout issue?
When changing channel and/or clicking channel info button, they’re blank (program title and description), “no information”. Although channel name is still there.
However, when clicking EPG button to expand guide, the listingss then all appear.

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

My loungeroom TV has this issue as well, but no EPG. Change the channel too fast and the TV blanks for 10 seconds, with no information.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sports Broadcasting History

turn it off and on again

1 Like

Definitely tried that one :slight_smile: It came good again now though, but yeah for one night seemed to play-up.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sports Broadcasting History

On myswitch, transmitters have a “Pat” and they’re either OD or DA… what is a pat and what does OD and DA mean?

Pat = Pattern. OD is omnidirectional, DA is directional antenna. Referring to whether the transmitter broadcasts at the same power in all directions (OD) or selectively greater signal power in some directions.

4 Likes

Cheers

Australian educational video service ClickView has a “ClickView TV” section that allows requesting of recordings of programs from the last 14 days. All metropolitan state channels are recorded, with only 9Life and 9Rush excluded.

2 Likes

Just wondering if anyone knows anything more about these extremely low powered DTV transmitters that some caravan parks have, particularly in Queensland. There is one at Maroochydore Beach Holiday Park as per screenshots. It almost seems that these services are just RF modulators with an external antenna attached.

3 Likes

SCRC appears to have at least three of these transmission sites (all in caravan parks)

https://maprad.io/au/search/licensee/Sunshine%20Coast%20Regional%20Council_1144718_37876973913_Maroochy%20Licences?source=AU#app

3 Likes

Tourist TV?

1 Like

Callsigns suggest these sites are self-help DTV repeaters.

4 Likes

turns out the antenna I’ve been working on that looks like a Hills CA16 is actually an ‘Antiference CN1428’. Must be pretty old as couldn’t find out anything on Google about it

1 Like

When up on the Gold Coast, I’ll go for a walk thought-out the day, and come past this building quite often.

The rooftop is quite the arrangement of antennary.
Looks to be from the 90’s possibly. (Being this area is very Mid 80’s to 2010’s.

1 Like

Yes that’s where Prime was on the Gold Coast.

3 Likes