Digital Radio

This Is Triple M Country – SCA Launches New Digital Radio Station

Triple M Country will go live at midnight tonight, with Southern Cross Austereo launching its new digital radio station.

Adding Triple M Country to its digital radio stable, complements Triple M’s existing portfolio of Triple M Modern Digital, Triple M Greatest Hits and Triple M Classic Rock Digital.

Triple M Country will feature contemporary music by many celebrated Aussie and international artists, from Lee Kernaghan, Kasey Chambers and Keith Urban, to Sam Hunt, Florida Georgia Line, and Carrie Underwood.

On the new station Kernaghan will host his own music show ‘The Range’, each Sunday 6am – 8am, with the show also airing across the Triple M regional network and syndicated stations. For two hours each week Lee will share his love for the music, the artists and stories behind ‘Today’s Best Country’.

Other shows include ‘Nashville Access’ with its weekly insight into the heart of American country music and ‘Hot Country Saturday Night’.

The new station will launch at 12am (AEST) on Thursday February 1, and will be available on digital radio in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, online at triplem.com.au/country, or via the Triple M app (available on iPhone and Android).

Triple M Country will partner with ‘Country Rocks Sydney Festival’ to be held in Bella Vista on Saturday March 3. The festival will be headlined by Lee Kernaghan who will be joined by his sister Tania Kernaghan, Adam Brand, James Blundell and many others.

Southern Cross Austereo’s Chief Creative Officer Guy Dobson, said, “The launch of the Triple M Country signals the continued growth and diversification of the Triple M brand across Australia.”

“This is the next brand extension for Triple M - offering even more solutions for our clients and an even broader audience reach.”

“Research around the world shows country music lovers discover music via broadcast radio.”

2 Likes

Surely this will replace The Range on FM in Toowoomba?

Edit: currently streaming via http://player.triplem.com.au/country/, ID’ing as 91.5 The Range so I’d suspect the new Triple M Country will replace The Range brand.

1 Like

Or Kix Country might come to Adelaide.

I’m looking forward to listening to country music on my digital radio again. The Range Country was one of the digital stations I used to listen to quite a lot of.

I’m not sure if that station has a slightly different format to The Range/Triple M Country, but you haven’t had access to ABC Country on DAB+?

1 Like

There’s no encryption, but even if the stream was encrypted, there’s nothing to stop a device just recording the decoded audio.

3 Likes

Let’s hope this lasts longer than a month in Melbourne (where the Range was pulled not long after its launch a few years ago)

1 Like

Of course I get ABC Country on my Bush Heritage II digital radio but I always just preferred listening to The Range.

1 Like

I think that is highly unlikely. Canberra, Hobart, Darwin and Perth are the only capital cities with AM/FM stations owned by Grant so Kix will probably only be in those cities.

3 Likes

Yes, according to Facebook.

The Facebook page for Triple M Country is using a different logo (left) to the one on the website’s player (right)

3 Likes

I wonder what is happening to those numerous ex The Range LPON & HPON FM frequency txers?
What does the group intend to do with the licences?

It appears that SCA has replaced/is replacing the “TACO” slot on the 9B multiplex here in Sydney with Triple M Country - but there’s no audio stream or other content for that running at the present time.

1 Like

48kbps on 9A in Melbourne.

As of 1:02am MMM Country is not appearing on my radio here in Brisbane as yet

aaaah…, perhaps TACO stands for Triple M And COuntry?

But that’s an awfully long time to be running a “placeholder” station.

3 Likes

MMM Country in Brisbane on 9A @ 32kps

1 Like

According to the receptionist at SCA in Sydney there has been a technical issue to prevent MMM Country going on air and they are working on the problem now.

1 Like

It’s been working in Brisbane; must be a Sydney issue.

1 Like

Melbourne 9A with slideshow:

3 Likes

2 Likes