Digital Radio

Heard a few adverts for Jeep on OMG! today - hope it isn’t getting too popular.

2 Likes

OMG! Yes, I was going to say the same thing. (See what I did there?) It has also popped up on Old Skool. Seems to be straight before and straight after the news. Also adverts for The Diamond Company, I think was on Easy.

1 Like

Yeah i just heard a jeep ad on OMG its not just before or after the news its at random times this is what they shouldve done with classic rock but no we will axe it because it was getting too popular :astonished::angry:

1 Like

Lol yes they’ll close it down immediately!
Also starting to hear a few ads on Easy Radio.

1 Like

According to my DAB+ radio, Fun Super Digi in Sydney now position themselves as playing “More 80s and 90s More Often”, meaning that they’ve pretty much dropped 70s music from their playlist. Meanwhile, 1SM position themselves as playing “Non-Stop Hits and Memories from the 60s and 70s”.

1 Like

here is funs text. As an FYI it seems the 2sm stations telstra glitches are ok for now as they were back.

1 Like

Thanks for that…

That’s interesting as FUN never played much 90s before.

Seems like they’ve jumped forward 10 years with their music.

Zoo is 90s to now. Bit of overlap.
Fun is now playing the Time warp from the rocky horror show. It is a 70s song right?

Yes, 1975 is when I think the most well known version of that song was released.

Don’t know if this should be in radio radio instead but oh well.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a DAB+ compatible clock radio? I currently have a Bush radio but the buttons have gone to shit a bit (pressing to change the station also turns down the volume) and it has some weird design decisions (having the snooze button control the backlight brightness).

Only one I can really find that seems to be decent this is: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/ipods-docks-fitness/sony/sony-xdr-c1dbp-pocket-dab-dab-clock-radio/702219/

I saw some at Hardly Norman today

This one is in their catalogue in addition to the Sony

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/sangean-dcr-89-dab-fm-rds-digital-clock-radio.html

2 Likes

It seems to be a none-too-subtle dig at Austereo, who jettisoned ‘More Digital’ in favour of Oldskool. The dropouts and glitches on Bill’s stations make them hard to listen to in this location; my line of sight to Artarmon isn’t the best- a boon for DXing, not so for DAB+.

1 Like

Earlier in this decade I bought a Bush DAB+ clock radio but it died after only 2 years. Avoid this brand like the plague!

Have this one. Solid unit, does freeze up occasionally, but nothing a power cycle doesn’t fix.

Looks like mine is going that way. I do like having the time and date when the radio is off. A couple of other faults would be a somewhat noticeable flickering when radio text is scrolling and the backlight being a tad too bright even on the lowest setting.

It’s probably worth looking at a number of units that don’t immediately look like a clock radio; many of the DAB radios come with alarms etc.

This one at Big W for example (not is stock unfortunately) could easily be used a a clock radio- “20 station presets, remote control, auto time set, 2 independent alarms, wake to iPod, radio or buzzer, sleep and snooze functions”

1 Like

Yeah I had a Bush DAB clock radio that died very quickly too. I’ve got a Pure one now and it’s been going great for a couple of years now.

1 Like

@MLVD I have had that model, Roberts DAB - Digital Clock Radio With iPod Dock (iDream), as my clock radio since just digital radio started in Sydney, it works perfectly. This appears to be the updated model, but I can’t find it on an Australian website.

https://www.robertsradio.com/uk/products/radio/dab/dreamdock-2

2 Likes

I have a Sony iPod/iPhone dock clock radio that has DAB+ included. I think it was located with the docks rather than with the DAB+ radios, so it would be worth looking their for more range.

https://store.sony.com.au/XDRDS21BT.html

I have the above. My bush died as well. This one is going well.