Digital Radio

My parents recently moved to a new house in the Warralily estate south of Grovedale, and they have a Sony radio/CD player with DAB+, I checked to see if they had a signal, couldn’t receive any of the Melbourne DAB+ stations at all.

96five digital in brisbane is displaying the text “6EBA Digital 1 multicultural radio” for at least the last 4 days as part of the scrolling text

Lol!
That’s hilarious!

What could a Brisbane Christian community station possibly have in common with a multi cultural station in Perth?

Geelong coverage of DAB+ from Mt Dandenong is better in bayside suburbs or those with elevation. If you’re in a valley, the chances are slim. In-car reception is quite good on major roads.

2 Likes

What on earth is with the sound quality on Magic Brisbane? There’s a constant hissing sound in the background. It’s unlistenable.

1 Like

They’re announcing in promos that Triple M Classic Rock is “closing down” on 1 Oct and telling everyone to switch to normal Triple M.!!!
WTF! Surely it’s April fool’s day?

Why? Is Classic Rock taking listeners away from Triple M?
Also, Classic Rock is often used to broadcast AFL matches in Sydney and Brisbane while the NRL is on Triple M. When Classic Rock does close, how will Triple M fulfill its obligations under the new 6-year AFL radio broadcast deal announced last week?

It’s on their Facebook page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/classicrockdigital/

It’s not altogether surprising, given that the station has never attracted any advertising. A bucketload of negative comments on the Facebook page too.

Maybe to coincide with the rebranding of localworks to triple m? Even in Adelaide they no longer refer to it as classic triple m. So maybe they are aligning the planets and there is no point in having two stations with similar format.

I agree with the comments on the Facebook page. I can tolerate the ads, but those footy boofheads and hours of NRL/AFL coverage during the evenings (i.e. when I usually listen to radio) really shits me.

1 Like

That’s probably the most logical reason for the decision. Classic Rock Digital does extremely well in the Digital Radio ratings so the decision can’t be due to anything ratings-wise

Completely agree with the comments on facebook. Dumbest decision ever and J certainly won’t be tuning to Triple M FM to listen to all that bogan talk and sport. I also just rang them to complain and would encourage others to do that too.

Come on ARN and Nova. Golden opportunity here to launch Classic Rock yourselves.

SCA are idiots.

Triple M’s Modern Rock Digital will also be stopping on 1st Oct!!! The same announcement is on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mmmodernrock/

What is wrong with these muppets at SCA. Do they think people will just roll over and return to Triple M FM when their DAB formats disappear?

Triple M Classic Rock is the 4th highest rating DAB only station and No. 3 in Brisbane and Perth. Modern Rock is in the Top 3 in Adelaide.
So what do they do? Close them down and expect everyone to be happy listening to talk and sport on FM! You’ve got to laugh at the stupidity.

A Petition is Needed to keep Both Classic Rock and Modern Rock Online, Urgently!!!

1 Like

Agreed. I suggest at least posting on their Facebook pages and calling Triple M (Sydney) to complain in person. I did both today.

1 Like

www.change.org in order for SCA to Reverse their Decision.

This is why my form of entertainment is 507.2FM Yarra Trams.

1 Like

https://www.change.org/p/save-triple-m-modern-rock-digital?recruiter=34272047&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg&fb_ref=Default Please Spread this Around.

Not good news. So the main Triple M bits rate will increase. Is Easy & oldskool staying?