Digital Radio

Thanks for that, Dingus. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah I have to agree. Country music just doesn’t rate in this country so I’m not sure why so many try it on DAB.

3 Likes

I think ABC Kids Listen rates higher on its respective mobile app.

1 Like

I always listen to Triple country. Love it. I also respect its not everybody’s cup of tea.

4 Likes

If i was to do a kids station i’d do something similar to radio disney and aim it at the tween market. Kinderling and ABC kids both target the under 6’s and there is nothing after that for kids.

5 Likes

Also see here for a good video explaining it. I’ve also posted the URLs at the time for all Melbourne stations in that thread. Although doesn’t include the new 3MP and the ARN stations (KIIS and Gold) no longer work.

2 Likes

New Brisbane line up

Slide show

4 Likes

No Sign of Little Fox, the Melbourne only Kids Station.

3 Likes

Not sure about other markets, but here in Sydney the names of the DAB+ only Hit stations are now “HIT Buddha/Dance/Easy/Old Skool/Urban” again.

2 Likes

Yup, same in Melbourne except for Little Fox. One single feed for each station I guess!

2 Likes

No - as posted above, not in Brisbane where it’s B105

3 Likes

So is it supposed to be HIT Oldskool or 2Day Oldskool? Same goes for Easy, Buddha, Dance and Urban.

The question is what is each digital station using on-air?

1 Like

They seem to have rolled back to the older branding, sweepers saying “Oldskool Hits” or just not naming the station.

1 Like

Bit of a mix in Hobart at the moment.

9 Likes

what radio is that??

1 Like

Blaupunkt BCR-9 I think… A freebie they gave stations

4 Likes

It’s a dud…don’t buy one. It can’t receive Canberra DAB in Bungendore, and the sound quality is fairly ordinary.

4 Likes

It just sits on my desk tuned to our station 24/7 as a monitor (better quality than the 4khz off air feed coming through the desk phones lol), but is an alright radio for just tuning around to see what’s on while at the desk. I’ve got the line output plugged into the audio input on my computer so that I can record it if I want to, which is nice.

3 Likes

really seems like a nice radio too, but out of stock in most places.

2 Likes

The buttons on mine have become very unreliable over time. Pressing one button will result in the other ones being pressed as well – e.g. trying to press mode might make it turn off. Mine is branded ‘Bush’, but I believe it’s the same radio.

2 Likes